• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your tax dollars at work....

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080127/tv_nm/indecency_dc

FCC will fine ABC 1.3 MILLION dollars for a 2003 episode of NYPD Blue which showed a woman's ass. A woman's ass. Now, there are a ton of issues here, everything from big brother government to censorship etc etc but the two that got me were:

1. FCC claims they are protecting the children. I have a 9 year old and he is not up late enough to watch NYPD Blue nor would he have an interest in watching it.

2. I don't find a woman's ass offensive nor would I care if my son saw one (we are not nudists but over the course of living together the past 9 years he has seen my wife's ass, as have I. Neither of has have been scarred by the experience). As a parent, I do try to keep him away from extreme violence on TV and he can't watch those medical show's depictions of operations as he gets sick to his stomach. Maybe I should complain to the FCC about showing people's insides.

3. Our tax dollars are going to an agency that is not only deciding what is OK for us to watch but are having a legal discussion on whether a woman's ass is an excretory or sexual organ or both (you know who you are you lucky bastards!).

There are a bunch of jokes to be made here obviously and in this time of elections, while the candidates are pretty much saying nothing, we have about 4K dead soldiers in Iraq with no real solution from either side, we have a government agency telling us that it is bad to see a woman's ass, and we have an economic situation that we are going to throw money at, close our eyes, and hope for the best.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL, amazing. After reading it, maybe some of our resident law smiths will pipe in, technically I would submit the buttocks are neither organ proposed, that it is the anus. And if she was not showing the brown eye, no harm, no foul (excuse the pun).

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
... And if she was not showing the brown eye, no harm, no foul (excuse the pun).

ROTL, some bird spreading her ass cheeks in a NYPD blue esp would have been legendary, I cant think of any show that wouldnt benefit from a random shot of ye ol poop shoot. Although they should have sued them for Dennis Franz always going on about his "prostrate" for like a whole season.

Magster

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance of such things, but, what will the FCC do with the 1.3 million, should they receive it?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magster
Excuse my ignorance of such things, but, what will the FCC do with the 1.3 million, should they receive it?

Issue $300 dollar rebates on flat screens to everyone that does not have a flat screen.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am proud to say I would be one of the 4333.33 people without a flat screen TV

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
How flat is flat? Can we get a ruling?

Chadley

Reaction score
Kansas flat? Apparently, Kansas is flatter than a pancake.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although this is Orwellian-bizarre, I still think that congressional committee about Janet Jackson nippless boob has not been topped here.
Both are wonderful arguments for abolishing FCC and Congress all together.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Although this is Orwellian-bizarre, I still think that congressional committee about Janet Jackson nippless boob has not been topped here.

Abolishing Congress?

Does your other SF name happen to be Minkous?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, it's a fine for a 2003 episode of NYPD Blue?? the FCC has that much of a backlog? Presumably this fine is supposed to function as a "warning" or a "message" that teh FCC is serious about decency, but if the threat dissuading you from grabbing tons of exposure (heh heh) for your show now is a hefty fine in 5 years after you're already off the air, I can't imagine it's too persuasive a disincentive.

Originally Posted by dkzzzz

You really are the dumbest **** on this board, aren't you?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Allow me to be the first: This thread is worthless without pictures.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo

You really are the dumbest **** on this board, aren't you?

I'll bet he knows Minkous.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
You really are the dumbest phoque on this board, aren't you?
The ignore function has done wonderful things for my blood pressure.

However, I'm pretty sure that dkzzzzzzzz is hoping to glean Cultural Learnings of StyleForum for Make Benefit Glorious Nation before returning to Mipos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads