1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your Suit Is Making You Stupid

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Strokeman

Strokeman Active Member

Don't forget your scholar's gown and carnation.

Ha yes, though my gown was of the more garden variety and I never bothered with the carnation. Much more important was getting out on the last day, avoiding the flour and egg bombs, and making one's way the Turf for a celebratory drink or four. Ah, those were the days [​IMG]

2. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I wonder how the president would look delivering the State of the Nation address in sweats.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Which is exactly why some of you are taking this way too seriously. On the other hand, I don't see why it's so hard to believe that this study could be correct. I mean, why's it so hard to believe that it's easier to perform better cognitively when you are more comfortable? As much as many of the members here say that their Borrelli and Kiton suits feel like a second skin, for most people, sweats are a lot more comfortable than a suit. Even if you're wearing a nice suit, just having a belt strapped around your waist is uncomfortable. Also, no matter how expensive your Edward Greens are, they're not going to be as comfortable as a good pair of sneakers (again, for the vast majority of people in the world). I don't see why you think this is beyond the realm of possibility or probability.

Blasphemy!

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Ha yes, though my gown was of the more garden variety and I never bothered with the carnation. Much more important was getting out on the last day, avoiding the flour and egg bombs, and making one's way the Turf for a celebratory drink or four. Ah, those were the days [​IMG]

I thought that the flour (no eggs, salmonella scare at the time) bombs were fun [​IMG] Finding the right colour carnations was fun, as was trying to tie your bow tie on the morning of the exams. Also cycling through town in subfusc was always going to turn heads [​IMG]

Yes, it was a great time. A wonderful experience, particularly for someone from a working class background like myself.

5. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

I wonder how the president would look delivering the State of the Nation address in sweats.

I don't know, he tends to look terrible enough in suits...