• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your "standard" style

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
i hope to have a job one day where i can wear this. but i'm gonna be an accountant so chances are slim.

Well, that's entertainment/media for you. However there's still hope for you, I've broken the dress code at pretty much every office I've ever worked at (and have yet to be fired for it, knock on wood) till now, where we don't have one
smile.gif

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Well, that's entertainment/media for you. However there's still hope for you, I've broken the dress code at pretty much every office I've ever worked at (and have yet to be fired for it, knock on wood) till now, where we don't have one
smile.gif

yeah, if i end up working for a private company, you never know.

i remember back in highschool when i worked at longs drugs, one day i didn't have any clean black pants and everyone pitched a ***** when i wore black jeans instead.

Reaction score
Tucked-in button-down, dark denim, cuban heels, vest/cardigan/blazer a couple days a week depending on the weather.

On lazy days I switch out the button-down for a gaudy, bullshit graphic T.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
details on where you get your cuban heels please

I found these on ebay for around $20 awhile ago. They're getting pretty beat up from near-daily wear, so I'm hunting for a replacement. I've been meaning to get a black pair as well.

Let me know if you know anything good. I think we've discussed beatwear in another thread.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
yeah, if i end up working for a private company, you never know.
i remember back in highschool when i worked at longs drugs, one day i didn't have any clean black pants and everyone pitched a ***** when i wore black jeans instead.

It's brutal ay. They'd complain if you were wearing the cleanest jeans, yet they let people wear those ****** ass black pants, which may as well be sweatpants.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
It's brutal ay. They'd complain if you were wearing the cleanest jeans, yet they let people wear those ****** ass black pants, which may as well be sweatpants.
i was one of them too, haha, i remember i used the same two pairs of black dickies for like 3 years, they were faded to almost gray when i left to come to university.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poison Spanking
I found these on ebay for around $20 awhile ago. They're getting pretty beat up from near-daily wear, so I'm hunting for a replacement. I've been meaning to get a black pair as well. Let me know if you know anything good. I think we've discussed beatwear in another thread.
I see lots of Cuban heels in the more "cowboy" style stitched toes. For $20 that is a RIDICULOUS steal, chisel toes and Cuban heels are an interesting combo. I'm personally trying to avoid the stitched toe, as it does give a bit of a cowboy vibe. And, being super pale and a buck twenty-five, cowboy isn't a look I can pull off. I'm planning on copping Beatwear as soon as I have a job, not that I can't afford them regardless, I just want to get them as a "reward" for myself. I'm been wanting Cuban heels for a while, and fiending for them ever since I got really drunk and was wearing some chick's pumps around the party. They were a size too small, but I got to experience what it'd be like being over 6 feet tall hahaha... Good times... good times...

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I see lots of Cuban heels in the more "cowboy" style stitched toes. For $20 that is a RIDICULOUS steal, chisel toes and Cuban heels are an interesting combo. I'm personally trying to avoid the stitched toe, as it does give a bit of a cowboy vibe. And, being super pale and a buck twenty-five, cowboy isn't a look I can pull off. I'm planning on copping Beatwear as soon as I have a job, not that I can't afford them regardless, I just want to get them as a "reward" for myself. I'm been wanting Cuban heels for a while, and fiending for them ever since I got really drunk and was wearing some chick's pumps around the party. They were a size too small, but I got to experience what it'd be like being over 6 feet tall hahaha... Good times... good times...

I think cuban heels are only badass when you're already quite tall. Otherwise it just looks like you're Tom Cruising

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi

kopping beatwear next week since my shoes are ******* destroyed, will post a review for you and that one other dude who cares

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

I still got a hardon for the Office Depot girls in tight black pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads