1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your Single Favorite Song

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by PinkPantser, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Man In Space

Man In Space Senior member

The Smiths - How Soon is Now?

2. AdamG

AdamG Senior member

Time - Pink Floyd

Everything I love about rock, vocals & lyrics from heaven and lead guitar that opens a hole in the sky.

3. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

4. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

There are two that I listen to all the time:

Radiohead- Let Down
    DJ Shadow- Building Steam with a Grain of Salt

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

1994 Huang Da Wei ni ba wo guan zui (you get me drunk)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. TheGreek

TheGreek Senior member

Bobby Darrin- "Mack The Knife"

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

A possible favorite: The Kinks - Get Back in the Line
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. My most listened-to over the past few years: Elton John - Love Lies Bleeding Townes Van Zandt - Pancho and Lefty

Three good choices. Mine change(s) often so I guess I'll also do a "most-listned-to." Talking Heads--"Take Me to the River" The Band--"Tears of Rage" (makes me cry almost every time) Oscar Peterson Trio--"Chicago" and "Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me)" Donald Fagen--"Maxine" Muddy Waters--"Champagne and Reefer" Tina Turner--"Let's Stay Together" and "Nutbush City Limits" Plenty others. Lots of Neil Young, CSN/CSNY, etc.

8. minus

minus Senior member

"Gloomy Sunday", despite it being proto-emo, I just love the melody. Billy Holiday's absolutely brilliant version

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Mediocre quality recording of Elvis Costello's version

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Original version

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Movie version

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

James Brown - Give it Up Or Turnit a Loose (1970 version)

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Three way tie:

11. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Song would be: Beim Schlafengehen, Gundula Janowitz (Strauss, Four Last Songs on DG cd)

Favorite piece would brutally tough to narrow down, but I'd go with Copland Appalachian Spring (Aaron Copland on Columbia LP), edging out my Cleveland Quartet Beethoven 15 cd which in turn edges out my Yale Quartet Beethoven 15 LP, but ultimately maybe the John Eliot Gardiner Beethoven 5 on archiv cd just depends

Thunder Road for pop/rock song

12. Mr.Sly

Mr.Sly Active Member

No All time favorite, but at this time i like to listen : Moloko - Sing it back

13. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Favorite song..... Something from Daft Punk - Homework. Around the World or Da Funk

14. jellywerker

jellywerker Well-Known Member

WIth only a few years of sentient music appreciation under my belt, I am sure this will change sometime. However, as of right now, it still stands:

Air - All I Need

15. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

It has always been a Modest Mouse Song

One of the following:

Trailer trash
    I came as a Rat
    Paper Thin walls
    Ocean breathes Salty
    Polar opposites

I'll be at their NYC show March 15th about 8 hours early in case anyone wants to join me.

btw their better be another Modest Mouse fan.

16. Gherkins

Gherkins Senior member

Difficult to say, as it depends on my mood. But a couple of songs definitely stand out:
    Show Me - Pretenders
    Xote das Meninas - Marisa Monte
    Vilarejo - Marisa Monte
    Layla - Clapton
    The Rocker - Thin Lizzy

17. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

My favorite genre is rock, and my favorite type of rock music is gritty melodic stuff. 90s indie rock is my bread and butter, my steak and potatoes, so Archers of Loaf - Greatest of All Time is as good as any, I guess:

18. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Just can't stop to like it, no matter how often I've heard it now.

Nick Cave and the bad seeds - As I sat sadly by her side

19. theguy

theguy Senior member

talking heads - road to nowhere
    every time I hear this song it really puts me in a good place

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Song would be: Beim Schlafengehen, Gundula Janowitz (Strauss, Four Last Songs on DG cd)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]