Your Single Favorite Song

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by PinkPantser, Feb 5, 2009.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Ceremony
    Its the one song i've listened to more than any other and still get the most enjoyment from.

Joy Division (1980)
    This is the original. Vocals are washed out, but you can hear them quite a bit better on the recording that's included on the collection Still, which is on iTunes.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

New Order (1981)
    Best known version of the song and was the first released by New Order. There are a couple of recordings by them, I'm not sure which one this is.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Galaxie 500 cover (1989)
    A bit slower, kind of shoegaze.
    http://drop.io/zdtka1x

Xiu Xiu cover (2002)
    This one is my favorite recording of the song, though I deplored it the first time through (easy to hear why).
    http://drop.io/zdtka1x (called 05-ceremony.mp3)

Radiohead cover (2007)
    A very straight-forward cover, nicely done.

Your favorite? No lists if you don't mind; I know its tough for most people to pick just one song, but please do try.

2. -Norton-

-Norton- Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Sometimes i think: Maybe i can get the two floor inner city penthouse-suite and the Porsche before graduating. [​IMG] Just kidding, i do love the old general.

3. why

why Senior member

4. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Ceremony is a great song.

If I had to have a desert-island, endless rotation tune, it would probably be There She Goes by The La's. Upbeat, pop perfection imo. Any covers of it are bad. At least that's my selection this week, it could change.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

This is pretty lame, but Dave Matthews' Crash is a really great song to me. I'm not a big DMB fan, but that single song, IMO, is excellent.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Tracy Chapman, Fast Car. It's not a song I think of as particularly groundbreaking or cool, but it's just stood the test of time for me.

It's a song I've listened to a million times, as I use it as one of my demo tracks when stereo shopping, or want to hear my own system really sing. Yet every time it comes on the radio, I can't turn the channel. I can't think of another song that comes close to meeting that sort of definition for me.

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I miss Shari Lewis [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Plainsong

9. deathrow1986

deathrow1986 Well-Known Member

Honestly for me the best song ever is The soft goodbye by Celtic Women.
    I acctually put this in my will to be played at my funeral.

Do yourself a favor and listen to this at least once. I know you will love this.

Kevin

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

death's door-depeche mode

was on the Until the end of the world soundtrack

11. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Ceremony is the shit!

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ceremony and regret are two mighty fine songs

13. freefinancialadvice

freefinancialadvice Senior member

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^anybody still sold on letting new posters join in the fun?

15. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

Ceremony
    Its the one song i've listened to more than any other and still get the most enjoyment from.

awesome. the New Order version is my #2 favorite song of all time. just listened to it another 4 times today.

#1 is Steve Reich's Music For 18 Musicians.

-Jeff