• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Sartorial Evolution. Photos encouraged.

Strange

Reaction score
PICT0088-1.jpg
[/quote]

Love the shirt/tie combo of this pic.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Hah! I love that you blotted out the dog's eyes. He looks beautiful. Golden retreiver or lab? Hm - this was referenced about me as well by Matt. Again, that might have been the bed, but I'm not sure I get the reference completely. .
Well I had to protect his identity, he is a flat haired golden retriever, ultimate case of the blonde bimbo, all looks, no brains. Lovely dog though. I have no idea what they meant by this, maybe Grimslade can clear it up for us? Vox said it wasn't a good or a bad thing, so I am not too worried, I am sure they would have said if it was something serios. They are all sad enough to have posted thousands of times - they must have at least a few in jokes to show for it. Maybe when we are as cool/sad we get to find out. Your evolution was pretty good, you look much better now than then. Although I admit I was disappointed you are not a hot blonde in a see through top.

JoSuki

Reaction score
And, finally, the most recent - March 2009
2vd34tw.jpg

This is my own personal favorite look of all time for me. I think the colors are flattering, the arrangement is pretty nice, and everything seems to (to my eye) work together.

This is a great look. What type of jacket is that?!?

JoSuki

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures wearing the jacket standing up? Where did you pick it up if you do not mind me asking? I might even think about paying retail on something similar... I have always just passed over Cucinelli items in buying & selling but I guess I am going to have to rethink that...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoSuki
Do you have any pictures wearing the jacket standing up? Where did you pick it up if you do not mind me asking? I might even think about paying retail on something similar... I have always just passed over Cucinelli items in buying & selling but I guess I am going to have to rethink that...

I'll try to find a pic at home (at work now).

It was under $10 in a thrift store, believe it or not.

JoSuki

Reaction score
I really like the positioning of the buttons on it. That is one amazing deal. If you ever get tired of it and want to make a good profit let me know...

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist

I have no idea what they meant by this, maybe Grimslade can clear it up for us?

I believe GS gets ribbed for clutter.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoSuki
I really like the positioning of the buttons on it. That is one amazing deal. If you ever get tired of it and want to make a good profit let me know...

I doubt I'd ever sell it.
smile.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also am worshipping that jacket, what is the fabric? is it flannel? I want to acquire something similar, although perhaps a little more casual.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I also am worshipping that jacket, what is the fabric? is it flannel? I want to acquire something similar, although perhaps a little more casual.

It's 100% virgin wool, according to the tag. It feels soft.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Your evolution was pretty good, you look much better now than then.

Thank you - like I said, I'm not nearly there, still making progress. I need to keep things simple.

I have no idea what they meant by this, maybe Grimslade can clear it up for us?
Vox said it wasn't a good or a bad thing, so I am not too worried, I am sure they would have said if it was something serios. They are all sad enough to have posted thousands of times - they must have at least a few in jokes to show for it. Maybe when we are as cool/sad we get to find out.

Ah, the Grimslade point is finally cleared up. Yes, my room is usually a bit cluttered. I clean it every two weeks around laundry time then let it deteriorate for the remainder of the period.

Although I admit I was disappointed you are not a hot blonde in a see through top.
YOU'RE disappointed? Imagine waking up and looking in the bathroom mirror only to realize anew every morning that I'm not a hot blonde standing topless. It pisses me off to no end.

I imagine you face a similar predicament, eh?

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

Sometime over the summer

besides your clothing, i like how you wear/maintain your beard/mustache now. major improvements.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks VitaminC i appreciate the compliment.

Found a brand i feel works much better for me then the Canali's i started with, i rarely even wear them.

jbbreau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

And, finally, the most recent - March 2009
2vd34tw.jpg

This is my own personal favorite look of all time for me. I think the colors are flattering, the arrangement is pretty nice, and everything seems to (to my eye) work together.

Please feel welcome to post your own Sartorial Evolution.
smile.gif

I can't really tell what color your trousers are, could you please tell me?

Thank you.

jb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads