• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Sartorial Evolution. Photos encouraged.

glenjay

Reaction score
Me and my Caddy in 1979:

1) The outfit matches the car
2) The jacket is too long
3) Mix and match pants
4) Pimping is illegal

The shoes however are fantastic.

my_caddy.JPG

My evolution:

Fixed all of the above. The shoes are still fantastic.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glenjay
Me and my Caddy in 1979:

1) The outfit matches the car
2) The jacket is too long
3) Mix and match pants
4) Pimping is illegal

The shoes however are fantastic.

my_caddy.JPG

My evolution:

Fixed all of the above. The shoes are still fantastic.

The big question is: did you go through the "Miami Vice" look to get there?

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Ktown, that tux before & after is really cool, definitely illustrates what I think is a common evolution for a lot of us. We all owe Giorgio a kick in the nads.
1+ on the kick
Originally Posted by stewartu
If not that much then it is a great illustration of how much fit can affect body style. Great job. Best wishes for 2010 and nicely done!
Sadly, only down about 5#. Mostly, it's the fit of the clothes. I think PG was the first to say "LOSE the pants!"
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
KTown... awesome stuff. You've really improved your look. It looks like you lost some weight, trimmed your clothing and grew a beard. I think it all works really, really well. Keep up the good work!
Thank you.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2vd34tw.jpg

Mr. Moo What a great look
worship.gif
. Nice to see someone evolving. Details on the jacket fabric and weight please. I'm personally aiming for a look that doesn't suggest homeless person. I'm not kidding. Security guards would follow me through department stores. All of my socks had large holes in the toes and on the heels. Every shirt I had was ripped (not fashionably) to shreds. Wet weather meant wet feet from the ground up, as my only pair of shoes (trainers) had holes in the bottom. Instead of a rucksack/briefcase, items were carried in a reversed Apple Mac bag, taped together on all sides with brown sticky tape. This is not a joke, I practically wore the same clothes every day for about five years, but washed them constantly. Not a look middle-aged men can get away with. I remember buying Lanvin ties and perfectly fitting McAfee shoes, plus a load of other stuff, that never got worn. All got given away to people poorer than myself, while I continued to trudge the streets in rags. What would a detailed psychiatric analysis have made of all this?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
I wish I could dig up pics of me in my Armani Collezioni stuff from 90-96. Some of those fabrics were so "gauzy", that to me was drape.

Originally Posted by Big A
Ktown, that tux before & after is really cool, definitely illustrates what I think is a common evolution for a lot of us.

I was sitting in a waiting room this morning surfing SF on my phone and decided that there are a generation of us between the ages of 30 and 50 that were put off track by the prevalence of the Armani silhouette - a baggy mess that never "fit" but was the standard throughout the 80's and even very early 90's. I honestly didn't realize all my stuff was at least a size too big until roughly 2004-2005. We all owe Giorgio a kick in the nads.

Thanks TC and JP

iand

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
PICT0088-1.jpg

Amazing photo, amazing development of personal style. Heartwarming transformation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads