1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Your Prom Suit!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RapFan, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM.

1. RapFan

RapFan Well-Known Member

I was sorting through my storage and came across my prom suit. I wore it in 2005, it was a Sean John suit. I remember it was a big deal because I had a part time job at a suit shop called The Suit Exchange in Toronto and we had just started carrying this brand. Beige three button with shiny beige windowpane pattern. I inspected it today and this damn thing is fully canvassed with working sleeve buttons...who would have thought.

What was your prom suit?

2. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

A tux rented from a local mom and pop, now closed, in '92. When I picked up the corsage at the florist, another family-owned place (still open: DiBella's), my car battery was dead (1970 MGB). A couple people came out of the shop and very kindly helped me push-start the car.

3. RapFan

RapFan Well-Known Member

I was going to rent a tux as we did tux rentals as well, but being a 17 year old kid and seeing the sean john label on the inside of a suit had my knees weak.

PS our car broke down on the way home

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

2000...looking like a real East Bay hoodlum. Iverson Answer IV on the feet and the wife on my arm...for the last 15+ years.

George Zimmer told me I’d like the way I looked in my suit...he even guaranteed it ;)

714749F5-706C-40D7-AFE4-BDBD58FBE35C.png

5. RapFan

RapFan Well-Known Member

See you would have appreciated my Sean John suit lol. Very nice I'll have to see if i can find any pictures