• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your opinions on safest most reputable places to mail-order fancy shoes from...

Jerry52

Reaction score
It looks like if I finally select a pair of nice imported lace-up dress shoes, it'll have to be from one of the cyber-retailers.

I'd like good prices of course, but who doesn't? On the other hand, I want to be sure that, unless they indicate otherwise, I'll get the legitimate brand and no "B" stock or gray-market shoes. Good friendly customer service would be a plus, as well as an understanding return policy if the shoe doesn't fit.

I'd like somebody that stocks brands such as Vass, Gravati, Moreschi, Santoni and Pliner, because I might be choosing from these. No one outlet might stock them all, I realize.

Anyway, if you have bought from a mail-order shoe source online and it was a good enough experience that you'd buy again, I'd like your recommendation.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry52

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you.

Pediwear is a website I've visited and is VERY NICE in selection of British shoes, where most of the shoes I'm now considering are Italian.

I have read on this forum a couple of comments that seemed to imply that sometimes Sierra Trading Post has sent out "seconds" but I'm not sure if it was shoes. Then again for most people and most orders they might be fine.

But some of the others you both mentioned are worth looking into...

I was just over on EBAY, and unless I'm doing something wrong, no hits came up under Men's dress shoes for "Vass." I guess that's an extremely elusive brand.

Jerry

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerry52
Thanks! The last one is a new one for me!

The second one is a new one for me. I never did take a keen interest in looking up the different styles on Santonis. I am looking over my shoulder as I type this; I know diorshoe is reloading his shotgun
peepwall[1].gif

Now that I look at this website . . . . Bristol, me likey . . .

Jerry52

Reaction score
It seems that Harold's in the Heights has pretty good customer service, but I've never made a purchase there in Houston. They are a general-line men's clothing store.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the Bristols, too.... even if its not goodyear welted.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Does Franco’s still offer any special discounts to this forum? He currently has a few nice shoes on sale that I am eyeing.

I don't know of any standing discount offer. But they've been streamlining their shoe offerings, so it couldn't hurt to inquire about a discount, particularly if you're after one of the pairs with only a few sizes left.

mell

Reaction score
For C&J I order from Cindy at C&J in New York. Turnbull & Asser. www.crockettandjones.com

For Edward Green I order from Karen directly from the factory.

Of course, knowing your correct fit and last is a must.

Sausages is a great ebay seller for "subs" in you are inclined to save and can wait for your size.

Don Goldstein

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mell
For C&J I order from Cindy at C&J in New York. Turnbull & Asser. www.crockettandjones.com

Sausages is a great ebay seller for "subs" in you are inclined to save and can wait for your size.

What country are you in?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
I never did take a keen interest in looking up the different styles on Santonis.

no problem . the full line of santoni is not really interesting , it is particularly the Fatte a Mano line (certain ones), LImited Editions, and certain classic goodyears that are of great interest.
this website does not list the higher end.
smile.gif

mell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mell

What country are you in?

USA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads