• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your opinion on these boots?

ninjapie

Reaction score
Hey,

I would like to have your opinions on these boots:

comparesh7.jpg

Do you think these boots are worth 120 Euro's // USD 152.44800?
I can probably get them with a 15% discount though, making them 102euro / USD 129.58080.

If you think they are worth it which color do you prefer? I personally prefer the brown leather ones, but the black ones are pretty cool as well.

Perhaps I can also use this post to say hi to everyone, I'm new here.
smile.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Welcome. "Are they worth it" posts are inherently subjective. Without seeing them in person or knowing who makes them, it's hard to assess quality of construction and leather, which are the two most "objective" factors. Assuming they're even decently constructed, I can't imagine you're going to get something for a whole lto less. Bottom line, if you like them enough that you'll get regular use out of them, they're probably worth it.

ninjapie

Reaction score
Well, I've checked out the quality and it's good. The thing is though, I've bought a pair of normal shoes from the same brand before whom lasted pretty long but the leather started to loose from the sole after a schoolprom. Perhaps because there was glass all over the place. They're still intact and wearable though. I'd reckon the quality would be about the same.
I was more curious about how you thought about the design / price comparison though.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can likely buy boots of better quality and the same design for less money on ebay.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the maker of those boots?

Also, those are really casual. Not meant for a suit (unless it's the slim black kind so popular with the Hedi Slimane crowd)

ninjapie

Reaction score
I think they are sporting the name of the shop that's selling them, Invito. I have no clue who actually manufactures the shoes though I'm not planning on wearing those under a suit, under a pair of jeans more likely. Also, I can get 35% discount since a friend of mine who works at the shop there can buy them for me with a 35% employee discount. That would mean they would cost 78Euro / USD 99. Could anyone link me to relating pair of shoes on E-bay? Btw, I would like to wear them like this, or is that a fashion no-no? :/
leshoetu3.png

Aureus

Reaction score
This topic really just screams streetwear + denim.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninjapie
I think they are sporting the name of the shop that's selling them, Invito. I have no clue who actually manufactures the shoes though
I'm not planning on wearing those under a suit, under a pair of jeans more likely.
Also, I can get 35% discount since a friend of mine who works at the shop there can buy them for me with a 35% employee discount. That would mean they would cost 78Euro / USD 99.

Could anyone link me to relating pair of shoes on E-bay?

Btw, I would like to wear them like this, or is that a fashion no-no? :/

leshoetu3.png

Only in a flood, or if you wear them fly-fishing.
Just kidding. It's boots and jeans - wear them however the hell you want.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look pretty cool, but I'm wondering about quality at that price. Damn good deal if they're well made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads