1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your one essential Spring/Summer shoe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by officeboy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

Since Spring is here I was wondering, what is the one shoe that defines your S/S footwear? Not something for daily office or work wear.

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Penny loafers with nicer attire (not with CBD, obviously- think khakis), and nicer leather sandals, bucks, boat shoes, or canvas sneakers with most everything else.

Basically, a yes to your list. One should have a variety of shoes for a variety of situations.

If you're trying to figure out what your next shoe buy should be, why not just say what you have, and ask for opinions?

3. coop86

coop86 Senior member

No driver option?

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I'm hoping it to be the new Strawfuts I purchased.

Alas, we are still ensconced in snow in these parts, so Spring may never arrive.

5. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

Penny loafers with nicer attire (not with CBD, obviously- think khakis), and nicer leather sandals, bucks, boat shoes, or canvas sneakers with most everything else.

Basically, a yes to your list. One should have a variety of shoes for a variety of situations.

If you're trying to figure out what your next shoe buy should be, why not just say what you have, and ask for opinions?

I have most of these (nice loafers are on my list) but i was wondering which one shoe was the standout for most people.

No driver option?
    I knew I would forget something... [​IMG]

6. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

depending on the ocassion/weather, leather/rubber sole LWB, and +1 on driving loafer...although thinking of getting a PTB suede

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

I voted boat shoe as that is what I wear the most - at least for casual wear, but I have a pair of all of them except sandals, which I despise.

8. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

thinking of getting some white supergas for this summer

9. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I'll go, I have: AE burgundy shell LHS loafer Florsheim burgundy shell longwing C&J Burgundy shell cap toe boot Dark Cognac shell PTB (RL Darlton) RM Williams Chelsea boot in Chestnut looking for something casual and cheap to wear with khakis/shorts boat shoes?

10. miketoc

miketoc Member

And after over a year of lurking I finally register so I can vote boat shoe.

11. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

I just ordered some white bucks.

12. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'll go, I have:

AE burgundy shell LHS loafer
    Florsheim burgundy shell longwing
    C&J Burgundy shell cap toe boot
    Dark Cognac shell PTB (RL Darlton)
    RM Williams Chelsea boot in Chestnut

looking for something casual and cheap to wear with khakis/shorts

boat shoes?

Boat shoes would be good. The all leather ones can get rather warm on hot days though, might be wise to have a canvas sneaker as an option. If you're buying stuff in shell, $40 for a pair of chucks shouldn't be an unreasonable expense to tack onto a pair of $80 topsiders.

13. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

Ferragamo parigi drivers. Cant wait to break em out again

14. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

It's hard to pick just one, but I probably wear my boat shoes the most during the summer.

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am glad that I am the lone person who selected black oxford, and not one of the people who selected sandals, or sneakers...

16. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

I'm obsessed with penny loafers right now, and gradually becoming more obsessed with my new Alden/BB tassels. I will certainly wear each quite a bit - pennies with everything except for CBD, tassels mainly sockless with CBD.

I'll also wear some boat shoes, and am hoping to pick up some dirty bucks to complement my white pair.

17. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Various loafers for the office (very casual work environment). Drivers and Jack Purcells for non-work pursuits.

18. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

And after over a year of lurking I finally register so I can vote boat shoe.

[​IMG]

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

For me, spring means it's time to pull out my whiskey shells, boat shoes, and penny loafers.

20. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I am glad that I am the lone person who selected black oxford, and not one of the people who selected sandals, or sneakers...

So you wear black oxfords on the beach? At the ballgame? At barbecues?

OP said outside of work. Being the type of person who wears black oxfords everywhere outside of work is not something I would be proud of. Becuase it would mean I'm a really boring person who leads a really boring life.