1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your most recent awkward moment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Dec 5, 2007.

1. West24

West24 Senior member

you broke up with your ex a week ago and already have a new gf? and you guys were going out for 3 years? talk about a rebound. and now youre getting back with her just because she wants to?

2. remn

remn Senior member

and now youre getting back with her just because she wants to?

I do some work for her father and he always jokes around with me about what is going to happen after I marry his daughter. I want to get back together and I talked to her last night...she weirdly didn't even mention seeing me when I drive a black range rover with black rims

^^

3. West24

West24 Senior member

forgot that. woops. but still its been only a week....

4. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Just wanted to revive this thread. I was a last minute volunteer at a fundraiser dinner yesterday night. During dinner, I decided to sit outside at the table where they were selling tickets with a few other volunteers. The waiters had bought me my food, but I didn't have any cutlery. So I walked into the hall, and saw all the waiters in their black pants and plain white shirts milling around serving people their salads. I flagged down the nearest first person I could and asked him for a fork and knife. 2 seconds after I said it I realized he wasn't a waiter... he was a guest who happened to be wearing a white shirt and black dress pants who walking back to his own seat. [​IMG] Luckily he didn't get offended, he was just perplexed. I akwardly said "oh, nevermind, I'll ask that guy" and moved on quickly.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

I was waiting for my gf outside her class building today. A girl comes up to me and asks me if I'm waiting for anybody. I ask her why, she says she's seen me waiting around a couple of times and that I'm quite good looking, so she was wondering... if I like girls, and if I do, was I interested in her. I laughed and told her I thought in China, men might be free to wear nice clothes without being assumed gay, and that I was waiting for my girlfriend. She smiled awkwardly and said "that's too bad" and walked off.

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Just wanted to revive this thread. I was a last minute volunteer at a fundraiser dinner yesterday night. During dinner, I decided to sit outside at the table where they were selling tickets with a few other volunteers. The waiters had bought me my food, but I didn't have any cutlery. So I walked into the hall, and saw all the waiters in their black pants and plain white shirts milling around serving people their salads. I flagged down the nearest first person I could and asked him for a fork and knife. 2 seconds after I said it I realized he wasn't a waiter... he was a guest who happened to be wearing a white shirt and black dress pants who walking back to his own seat. [​IMG] Luckily he didn't get offended, he was just perplexed. I akwardly said "oh, nevermind, I'll ask that guy" and moved on quickly.
    I get this all the time in stores if I'm wearing a suit or just a tie. Shit, this happened to me yesterday and I was wearing a t-shirt and chinos. I don't get it. Maybe everywhere I go people just assume I'm the boss. I just say "I'm not sure, you should probably ask someone who works here."

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I was waiting for my gf outside her class building today. A girl comes up to me and asks me if I'm waiting for anybody. I ask her why, she says she's seen me waiting around a couple of times and that I'm quite good looking, so she was wondering... if I like girls, and if I do, was I interested in her. I laughed and told her I thought in China, men might be free to wear nice clothes without being assumed gay, and that I was waiting for my girlfriend. She smiled awkwardly and said "that's too bad" and walked off.
    Did this transpire in Chinese or English?

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

just recently i went into an elevator and saw a coworker who was with 4 different consultants/vendors with him they were all dressed up,

i said "good morning John"

he said good morning brian back, but when i went to my desk, i completely got mixed up his name with his boss's. his name is Mark.

oh well.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I didn't know men are called "girls" in Korea.

11. Eason

Eason Senior member

Did this transpire in Chinese or English?
    English. I think most people assume I can't speak mandarin so they won't talk to me unless they know English.

12. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Trying to be more social with co-workers lately, reading self-help books on this. Back-fired twice in one day.

1) Trying to strike up conversation with a co-worker in the photocopy room "You're going to so and so's party tomorrow, right?" only to hear "What party???" [​IMG]
    2) Ran into a co-worker on maternity leave with the year-old baby in tow and commented "Wow, he's getting big" only to hear "It's a girl." [​IMG]

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

2) Ran into a co-worker on maternity leave with the year-old baby in tow and commented "Wow, he's getting big" only to hear "It's a girl." [​IMG]

This happen a lot to me....=[

14. lynchpatrickj

lynchpatrickj Senior member

My freshman year of college, I was pulling into the parking lot in the morning after an all-night drive back to campus. I'm exhausted, miserable, overweight, and don't know a soul, and I'm about to be late to class, when I spot a girl I barely know walking to class with some mutual acquaintances. She recognizes me and smiles at me (I'm floored!) and looks like she's about to wave when all of the sudden I hop the curb and drive my truck right into a parking island.

Yeah. Never saw her again after that.

15. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

i was out at a swanky restaurant with a guy friend about a week or so after my actual birthday, and after sharing a bottle of wine the waiter brings out a slice of birthday cake with a candle in it, proclaiming "someone told me there was a BIRTHDAY here!" to us. i proceed to look at the cake, shake my head, and say "no...there's no birthday here," while my guy friend attempts to remind me that he hasn't properly celebrated my birthday with me yet. meanwhile, the waiter looks at us as if we fabricated the entire thing just to get a free slice of cake.

the worst part is, at some point i remember thinking "oh my god, my friend is lying and wants me to pretend it's my birthday so we get free cake! i'd better start pretending."

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this morning at the gym. i usually am in the free weights area, but to change it up i decided to try one of these unnecessarily complicated machines and the damn thing either had a jammed cable or some kind of lock that i couldn't find after at least 2 minutes of searching. i had to slink back to the free weights with my tail between my legs. i could read the thought bubbles in the air of "wtf, this little weakling can't even curl the minimum on that machine!"

serves me right for trying those pansy ass exercise machines. i knew better.

17. JonHecht

JonHecht Senior member

Half kiss/half hug at the end of a date with a classmate.

18. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Trying to be more social with co-workers lately, reading self-help books on this. Back-fired twice in one day.

1) Trying to strike up conversation with a co-worker in the photocopy room "You're going to so and so's party tomorrow, right?" only to hear "What party???" [​IMG]

This happen a lot to me....=[

One thing my wife told me is that when in doubt, assume the baby/young child is a "she"

Apparently most parents would prefer a boy being referred to as a she (at least signifying that he is quite cute) vs. a girl being refer to as masculine.

19. Nil

Nil Senior member

I've referred to a baby as an "it" before infront of it's parents.

20. dl20

dl20 Senior member

bulshit

dl