Your most expensive restaurant bill?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mm84321, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Took my GF and her parents out when I was on vacation in my second year of undergrad. Bill came to about 50,000JPY (actually it was only about 450$ back then). Lot of money to blow on dinner for a college kid.

2. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

320 for two, without booze at le crocodile .

3. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

Also when you're Jay-Z they probably don't check either.

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

the highest I personally had to pay for was at the Fat Duck - two tasting menus, and I got the wine pairing (my brother did not) and it came out to $950.

5. SField

SField Senior member

the highest I personally had to pay for was at the Fat Duck - two tasting menus, and I got the wine pairing (my brother did not) and it came out to $950.

Worth it?

6. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Worth it?

every damn penny.

note on the price: $50 came from a glass of the '98 Comtes de Champange Taittinger, $20ish from coffee/tea, and another few bucks from the cheese cart. I posted some pics in the wine thread.

7. nmerc001

nmerc001 Senior member

$490 for two people at Daniel in NYC.

8. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

~$550 for the summer tasting and wine pairings at EMP for my girlfriend's 25th.

Highest overall bill was $1500 for 12 people at a terrible Italian restaurant somewhere in the East 50's. I cannot remember why I agreed to go to that birthday dinner as I only knew one couple and it was neither of their birthdays.... I would rather have gone to the Olive Garden.

*edit* I forgot to say that the dinner at EMP was completely worth the bill.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I guess I'll give a semi-serious answer. Some of my most expensive per person dining experiences were:

Cyrus, the big tasting + more + grand wine pairing

This (which was incredible and I highly recommend it if you're ever in Scotsdale during the cool season): http://www.thephoenician.com/file/ph...box_6.12.9.pdf

That's personal. I keep no memory of business dinners where an expense account is paying.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Had a $200 bar tab for my 17th last monday, thats probably the most I've spent. Don't really go to restaurants that often.

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

I've done a couple of birthday parties where the tab was probably $2000-$3000 for 10 people or so, including wine and tip. We bought a dinner for 10 at a fundraiser once for about $2,500.

Beyond that I'm pretty small time. Spent about $500 on a dinner for 2 at River Cafe in Brooklyn last March including wine and tip.

12. binge

binge Senior member

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Tokyo. Some sort of anniversary tasting menu with wine pairing. Something like 300 USD for one, if I remember right.

13. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Not including my wedding, mine was $500+ for dinner for 2 at Daniel a few years ago. I have had a few business dinners of $1K - $2K maybe even more, but since it wasn't coming out of my pocket I wasn't really concerned.

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'll flip this for a moment give you my "best deal" restaurant" bill.

In May 2009 in Zihuatanejo, Mexico we had a wedding. The Swine Flu and the financial crisis meant that no one was in the town except for our wedding party. We arranged to have a beautiful outdoor restaurant all to ourselves for 24 people. Dinner included musicians, Margaritas, Beer, appetizers, a full classic Mexican dinner, desert, Kaluha, coffee and tequila. Total bill including tip $525. The owner was so happy he came over repeatedly to thank us.

15. Montrachet

Montrachet Senior member

Dinner for four at Charlie Trotters with a 1960 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. About $3k including tip.