• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most complimented suit?

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
What suit do you wear that attracts the most compliments? Photos would help us appreciate the tailoring.

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
Not a suit, but a sportscoat: Brioni navy wool single breasted, 3/2, Augusto model, side vented jacket. It receives more compliments than the rest of my jackets put together.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too early to tell, but I broke out my new cream cotton gabardine Canali suit yesterday and got compliments from friends and colleagues alike.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a POW Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece that has gotten a lot of compliments.

Stebbin

Reaction score
Hard to say. I thrifted it and the label doesn't resemble any recent Zegna that I've seen. Possibly early 80s with the wide lapels, roped shoulders and slim cut?

hangthree

Reaction score
My first commission from Chan - a dark blue, single breasted suit. Nothing fancy in terms of details, just "simple elegance."
I think its part fit, part shade of dark blue which looks great versus the standard dark navy blue suits you see everywhere.

The fabric is from Harrison's Premier Cru book. Forgot the #....

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned a ton of suits, RTW, MTM, bespoke and the most commented one was a dark navy 3 button Prada, trim but not skinny cut, from 2004. Instead of "I like your suit", it was "Wow, you look great" or "You always dress so well". So instead of a showy artical of clothing the clothing made me look my best.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue chalk stripe Polo (made in Italy). It is tailored quite well, and the pattern get's noticed. More than one person has asked if it was bespoke.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a sport coat. Belvest model G 540 purchased in '05 or '06. Brown with black houndsteeth and a subtle overplaid.
Practically unconstructed- no padding but fully lined, and a bit a drape. It has been complimented on by many, including
the staff in better mens' shops like Wilkes, Bergdorfs and even Jay Kos himself. I've been looking for another one, but
have never been able to find one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads