1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your most comfortable shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JFK, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I saw the Weymouth's in Barney's today, in black, dark brown, and tan. There weren't handgrades though, the price was $575. If I remember the handgrade model is around $1400?

Oh, and my most comfortable shoes are my Foot-Joy Classic, black wing-tip, golf shoes.

2. bestmastertailor

bestmastertailor Well-Known Member

Every pair of Aldens I own (20) especially my shell cordavan penny loafers (15 years old&#33[​IMG], my Zelli Croc Mocs, and an incredibly comfortable pair of cheap BIT driving mocs from Private Label Footwear.

3. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

$575 is right for C&J handgrades - Weymouths are definitely handgrade. Maybe Santoni handmades go for $1400 but even that's pushing it.

4. JFK

JFK Well-Known Member

Cool. Looks like a trip to Barney's is in my (hopefully, near) future... [​IMG]

5. My View

My View Senior member

The C&J Handgrade Weymouths in dark brown in the new catalogue look splendid.  But as I understand it, they don't make them for flat and wide feet like mine  [​IMG] Why doesn't C&J create handgrades in wider fittings???  I am sure I am NOT the only shoe lover who has a problem....

6. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Handmade shoes aside: the most comfortable RTW = a wide square-toe lace-up black Byblos (one of the better byblos around). l have narrow ankles and these fit gr8 m8.

Prada lace ups (various models).

Johnny Moke London shoes. They took a year to break in (they caused massive pain, blisters), but they fit really well now, are comfy and will last for donkeys years.

l hear Aldo Brue have very comfy shoes.

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

What he said, heh. Barney's actually has quite a nice collection of C&J handgrades.

koji

8. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

The C&J Whitehall plain captoe comes in an F fitting (the equvalent to an American E). The Berkeley model also came in an F fitting but appears to be discontinued (but I think that PLAL still may have these in stock). These are wider (but not extra-wide) fittings.

9. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I'm wearing my brown Weymouths today (the fifth wearing) and they are truly comfortable - something about the last just hugs your feet like a pair of slippers. They look very sharp with a navy suit.

I could walk all day in my Vass cordovans...

10. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

(Mike C. @ 27 June 2004, 10:04) I saw the Weymouth's in Barney's today, in black, dark brown, and tan. There weren't handgrades though, the price was $575. If I remember the handgrade model is around $1400?
    $575 is right for C&J handgrades - Weymouths are definitely handgrade. Maybe Santoni handmades go for $1400 but even that's pushing it.
    Now I finally realized I had not converted the price on the Plal website, therein lies the discrepancy. And, Wow, they are so much cheaper ($395) there, than at Barney's ($575).

11. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

And they're about $490 from C&J direct.