• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most awkward meal w/ someone

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
You have a red and white gingham check suit?? The fashion police should have hauled you away and saved you from the awkwardness.
smile.gif

My most awkward meal, by far, was lunch with my now ex-wife when I told her it was time for us to get a divorce. We were at a restaurant that I frequent often, but I don't remember what I ordered or how much I ate (I'm sure it wasn't much). I remember only key parts of the conversation....marriage counseling isn't working; we're stuck in the same ruts; it's best for both of us and for your daughters; etc. It was a nasty experience, but in the long run, the start of a beneficial process for me.

Do I "win" the thread?
blush.gif

No. You're probably just one of many in this thead that's been divorced. Without details, there is nothig that sets you apart!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
On a lighter note, I was having dinner once with a few friends and an ex walked in (major ex, long relationship, ugly breakup) with her new boyfriend and got seated and the table next to us. We hadn't seen each other in about two years. We tried to be civil, but we were both visibly uncomfortable in the extreme. That was pretty lame.

I would relish in that situation because I know I'll always be with someone hotter.

batorizer

Reaction score
A VERY awkward meal for me was a few years ago when I was set up with a girl from mexico who spoke no english and looked as white as i am. we went to a mexican place and she could've easily spoke to the staff in spanish. But I think she was embarassed so she just had the same thing I got. And of course, the rest of the meal and ride home went on without a single word being said between the two of us.

I gotta include this next one, it wasn't a meal, but it was an awkward meeting: My girlfriend and I have been together for over three years. She's Greek; her mom's an immigrant and her dad's first generation american. Her parents are as old as my grandparents and will never accept a non-greek; they didn't even know about me until a little over a year ago. Well, 4th of July, mom, stepdad, girlfriend and I go to the park for fireworks. At some point, girlfriend talks to her mom and learns that they'll be at the park as well. My mom insisted on meeting them. So we wandered over and my girlfriend introduced us. Her mom shook hands, but her dad wouldn't even look at any of us. After a few minutes of awkward silence, we booked it out of there. It really sucked.

brissyboy

Reaction score
Plnned lunch date with a girl and when we got there she only wanted a drink because she didn't want to be too full for dinner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads