• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your look this AW08/09 - post pictures and infoz

Brian SD

Reaction score
Long cardigan? Hunting jacket? Black waxed trench coat? Thai hooker-skin cape? What are you going to look like this winter~ It's cooling down and you must protect yourself.

dig this sweater from Juun J, only 25 or so of his pieces are produced and they're all sold out:

79117239di2.jpg

Winq copped the Juun J trench cape and its ******* impeccable:

79117165vw4.jpg

Sorry for watermarks on images but style.com doesn't put up Juun J.

My plan: cheap uniqlo turtlenecks and sweaters, fur, tweed, and shiny, shiny lace-ups. Dark royal blue + bright orange + grey. Grey and black twill button-downs. Grey suit with black shawl collar. Color wise I want to look something like this:

imagekv5.jpg

By your own admissions, some of you ladies plan ahead on this **** so POSTPOSTPOST.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Black short wool jacket, heather grey gloves/hat, grey/black/brown patterned scarf. For pants either dark indigo jeans, or green/khaki chinos. Shoes, white sneakers or brown suede desert boots. For layering, I have a couple sweaters, v-neck and crew, a W+H shawl collar pull over (if they ever ship their 2nd shipment to Blackbird), and a bunch of thermals. It doesn't get that cold in Virginia so really no need for crazy layering. I think I'm going to pick up a J Crew shawl collar cardigan this week too. Also, for when its REALLY cold, I have a bunch of super thick vintage Brooks Brothers made in Scotland shetland wool sweaters that were my dads in the 80s that I found shoved in some box somewhere.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yo brian that tneck is way too heavy man.

Just pulled a Fade hahaa!

Brian SD

Reaction score
yea that sweater is MAD thick, but when its neg 6 outside, you wont be complaining. Would work by itself with nothing over it. Suede/patent lanvins look nice. there are some giuliano fujiwaras in a similar vein that look nice as well, better IMO, problem is they're wayyyyy narrow.

I was thinking of picking up a black down vest. uniqlo **** is so cheap there's no reason not to. It's just hard to imagine wearing one.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
yea that sweater is MAD thick, but when its neg 6 outside, you wont be complaining. Would work by itself with nothing over it. Suede/patent lanvins look nice. there are some giuliano fujiwaras in a similar vein that look nice as well, better IMO, problem is they're wayyyyy narrow.

I was thinking of picking up a black down vest. uniqlo **** is so cheap there's no reason not to. It's just hard to imagine wearing one.

Ya I feel you it just doesn't get arctic here. I don't know I just don't like asian designers (except yy, rei and junya) so I'm just not into any of their stuff.

The vest I have is an olive geller and it's glorious.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that stuff is sold out brian? From what I know most of the Juun J F/W stuff hasn't even hit the stores yet. They do pretty late production. I got the fur lined trench which is sitting in the post office for pick up tomorrow. What the hell I'm going to do with that in SF I don't know...

davo10375

Reaction score
For me its summer at the moment... and its too damn hot to wear more than one layer, and probably no jeans.

Going to go for a sort of "disturbed-prep" look (no **** name), try to incorporate some darker pieces into a more preppy style, though I feel this could be easier come winter.

Colourwise from now on I'm going to try go for a lot of black/white in contrast, as well as a fair amount of grey with the odd bit of blue/wine/brown chucked in I guess. Trying not to over-think it as I'm saving and don't want to spend mad crazy at the moment.

In terms of my next A/W, am going to try incorporate a lot more layering mike lowrey style, except with cheaper pieces... maybe pick up one or two knits from yohji/n(N) etc, as well some sort of m65/winter jacket. Doesn't get that cold even in winter here so I'm alright with that. Will try layer with things like AA tanks, Chronicles of Never tshirts etc. Similar colour scheme to above...

Basically I want to start dressing in a more prep/classic way but with darker pieces from some of the japanese designers and gothninja shiz. Some kind of dinomight/mike lowrey/bootlegs/still from superfuture combo look.

Any suggestions on some slimmish royal blue shorts that hit a bit above the knee, or any brand of black/white colourway boatshoes will be much appreciated (also anywhere to cop those raf by raf shorts that came in khaki/black from last season)

Dave

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Are you sure that stuff is sold out brian? From what I know most of the Juun J F/W stuff hasn't even hit the stores yet. They do pretty late production. I got the fur lined trench which is sitting in the post office for pick up tomorrow. What the hell I'm going to do with that in SF I don't know...

Juun J stuff is in at least three stores that I know of. I've heard all the knits are sold out, but they sew the expensive stuff inhouse, so there might be a few popping up. I'm not sure exactly what Juun J's business model is, maybe they'll drop a few more of the high-demand pieces, but from what I've been told, there is only 25 of every piece produced for the whole world. I'm copping a coat tomorrow while the exchange rate is still amounting to a 25% discount.

The trench you're talking about is brilliant. The buckles are lined in antiqued leather, the details and construction are absolutely top notch (actually, all of his stuff is). I didn't know it has fur lining though. Are you talking about the grey coat with the half-vest and the fox fur collar attached to the inside?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Are you talking about this trench?

01ap3.jpg

or this one?

02jl2.jpg

For anyone else, here's the grey coat with the asymmetrical suede/fur vest and collar attached:

15fj4.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
raf-simmons-back.jpg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I was talking about the grey coat with the fur. I just picked it up from the post office. It is ******* sick. I'll post some detailed pics but I pretty amazed. The fur is a brown rather than the white in the photographs.

DismalFuture from SuFu proxied it to me because I couldn't wait till January when I had back to the mother land.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no time for pics, but i've retired jeans and sneakers for winter/fall in for these items which i basically will rotate and mix:

raf deep red puffa jacket
filippa k storm coat (an oversized m-65)
jil sander overcoat
couple of chunky raf simons sweaters from 03-07
alt. between my grey jil 3-button suit and my black prada 2 button
doc marten boots
russell riding boots
allen edmund balmorals
cloak cardigan
couple of raf turtlenecks
my trusted irish sweater for really cold days
dior and prada dress shirts

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collared Shirts
Shawl Collars
High Neck Collars
slim but not skinny jeans, depending on the fit
white cps/black boots if i can find/desert boots
apc rain parka/gotta get a heavy winter parka/inapt tight fit peacoat
cashmere sweaters
scarves
2 flannels for bumming around days

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Outerwear: black pea coat
Layers:
black & navy cardigans
heavy black full-zip high-collar sweater
various ltwt crewneck sweaters
one or two v-necks
stretch ls solid color front button shirts
Pants:
mix of darker trousers, various khakis, dark wash 514s
Footwear:
choc brown desert boots & beeswax desert treks

Mostly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads