• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your last meal

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
inspired by this post:

mmm...jail food is a little better. just barely.

Speaking of jail, what would be your last meal? If you eat healthy, would you maintain a good diet, or pig out?

EDIT: food for thought
http://www.slate.com/id/2235155/

and yes mgm, I want to see you get all Gordon Gekko/Mario Batali on this topic. go.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who would stay true to a diet with your last meal? I would probably get something that reminded me of a better time. Like my favorite meal while growing up.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd get something that nobody could possibly **** up. It's nice to talk about foie or other fancy things, but how many places are actually capable of preparing it properly? Then you have to consider transport, unless it's prepared onsite (really not sure).

Steak and potatoes dauphinoise with some glazed root vegetables would make me pretty happy and is pretty hard to screw up.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A little bread and a glass of wine. I believe that is the "go to" for last meals.

Food might not be the most significant thing on my mind at that point.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A little bread and a glass of wine. I believe that is the "go to" for last meals.

they'd probably give you wonderbread and a glass of yellow tail (if you're lucky)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

they'd probably give you wonderbread and a glass of yellow tail (if you're lucky)

Then I may request that they toast the bread and have a bit of butter.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does it have to be jail food or can we choose anything in the world?

if latter 25 bowls of pho bo from pho gia truyen and 25 bowls of pho from 49 bat dan street both in hanoi

if former a quick run to an in n out. 2 x 3 by 3, animal style, whole grilled onion, chilis on the side and a neapolitan shake

Instead of a last meal, Tennessee convict Philip Workman requested that pizza be distributed to the homeless in Nashville. (Prison officials denied his request, but local groups passed out pizza in his honor.)

this was pretty cool

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on whether I'd be able to determine the quality of the food. If so, I guess I'd go with an omakase sushi dinner and champagne. Or Neapolitan pizza and red wine.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother's baked ziti and my grandmother's meatballs. Sure, fancy food is nice, but I think it all goes back to what you ate as a child.

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a hypothetical question, I'm sure in a real prison your last meal would be whatever the cook decided was on the menu tonight.

Starter - pierogi
Fish course - salmon, dill, parmesan, spaghetti
Main - steak and chips, no veg
Dessert - chocolate gateau

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I'd order a Vindaloo from the dodgy curryhouse round the corner so I'd **** everywhere and the guards would have to clean it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics