• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(your interior style

vero_group

Reaction score
OK, so we've talked about cars, income, and of course, fashion. What is your interior style like?

Mine is tres moderne. See photos below. My fashion style is probably a little more conservative. I love modern furniture though (although I hate contemporary furniture -- if you know what the difference is, I congratulate you.)

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Let us see yours.

High_Roller

Reaction score
Contemporary is defined as 'of the now', whereas modern is more of a design style than a time period.

I like modern clean lines, absence of colour, industrial materials and interesting artwork. A design style that most people would find hard to live with.

As far as furniture goes, I like custom making my own or finding something neat at a thrift shop and changing it around. If I'm buying furniture new, I like anything in the post modern style. Roche Bobois has some gorgeous furniture.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I love Baker furniture. Ethan Allen has some nice pieces too.

VWpete

Reaction score
I like a mix of modern (not contemporary) and classics... A with High Roller, my taste for clean lines and hard materials can be a bit starck (no pun intended).... It's quite like my fashion sense. I love Dior Homme's architectural lines and the minimalism of Helmut Lang which I like to translate to my living space. I need to furnish a studio apartment this summer from scratch... except for my Vernor Panton chair and my Wassily I love. I like the classic modern designers, but in moderation. I'm most nervous that my apartment will look like I just stepped out of design within reach, so am looking for unique pieces that are comfortable and interesting.
Pete

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a mix of modern (not contemporary) and classics... A with High Roller, my taste for clean lines and hard materials can be a bit starck (no pun intended).... It's quite like my fashion sense. I love Dior Homme's architectural lines and the minimalism of Helmut Lang which I like to translate to my living space. I need to furnish a studio apartment this summer from scratch...
Hey man, you gonna be back in NYC again? I'll send you a PM.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My preference is minimalism paired with Baroque, and Rococco. That is an extremely minimalist but luxurious decor such as leather walls, stainless steel, and sterling accents, and animal skin items. Then certain pieces that are incongruous such as a Baroque mirror or a Francis Bacon portrait in a Rococco frame.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'm all black and white when it comes to furniture. The only color things I like to have up are paintings (or other artwork), and photographs. Vero, I love your interior style. If I could afford it I would go for something much the same.

I like modern style but not contemporary, when it comes to this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads