• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Ideal Car

AndyMG

Reaction score
I think i've found mine - the MG LE50.

A brand new seam welded bodyshell, mazda MX5 engine, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 160 mph, over 200 bhp.

Also available are front heated screen, heated seats and air-con. Classic looks with modern performance, comfort and reliability. Shame they're only making 50 and they're £50k each!

I wonder how much a kidney sells for on eBay?

What would be your ideal car?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that'll do 5 secs with 200 bhp??! how light is it?

AndyMG

Reaction score
Don't know the exact weight, but the brochure gives the power/weight ratio as 240bhp/tonne, which is significantly better than the originals!

They've never been a heavy car, but it helps that the new engine only weighs 85kg.

darnelled

Reaction score
I'm considering building one of these kits once my 2 boys are a little older for a weekend and track car - as much power as you choose and very lightweight.
3mk3front.jpg

2009-superformance-shelby-daytona-cobra-coupe-front-angle-speed-1024x768.jpg

AndyMG

Reaction score
I love the Cobra. It's a gorgeous shape. If it was me, I would stick a nice fat V8 under the bonnet and press the loud pedal! Again, they're pretty light, so it doesn't take a huge amount of horsepower to get one moving.

I've seen some videos on YouTube of absolutely lightning quick Cobras/replicas. They look like great fun!

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ideal would be a TVR Cerbera with free repairs and maintenance, and gas.

AndyMG

Reaction score
Pebblegrain - I always think that owning a TVR would be like dating a model - great fun, but extremely high maintenence
smile.gif

And be thankful you're not in the UK, with standard unleaded at over £6/gallon, fuelling a TVR would not be much fun at all!

Robertito - I can't see why no-one's done something similar before. I actually attended the launch of this last weekend, and it looked amazing. Quality was superb, unlike some of the originals.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

I'm considering building one of these kits once my 2 boys are a little older for a weekend and track car - as much power as you choose and very lightweight.
3mk3front.jpg

2009-superformance-shelby-daytona-cobra-coupe-front-angle-speed-1024x768.jpg

Top Car > Bottom Car

hrb

Reaction score
^^^^what is the bottom one? here's a pick, as I am posting with a question

edit: n/m a daytona kit? the back end looks different - less bulbous - threw me off.

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I love.

BMW 2002 - I learnt to drive in my father's, and, once licensed, received my first in-car ** and ** in it.

The Citroen DS - I think the classiest sedan. I love those revolutionary lines.

The Jaguar XKE - The most beautiful car crafted. Ever.

Daimler DS 420 - Once I have my billions I'll be driven in it. And shall surely exhaust my fortune maintaining it.

BTW, all of them are affordable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads