• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your height?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it seems that SF has a majority of shorter folks, including myself. was just curious to know the distribution of heights on SF. average height in american men is 5'10" last i checked.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'5

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^i bet you're the tallest asian on SF
laugh.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's not a good thing...most of the clothing and fashion i really admire i can't wear precisely because of my height. People say you need to be tall to look good in clothes, i'd amend that to "you need to be tall, but not TOO tall." I think anything between 5'10" to 6'2" is ideal for having that runway model steez in anything. Some stuff i might wear, i don't because i see shorter people pull it off so much better on their proportions.

Gav

Reaction score
I'm 6ft which for me is the perfect height.

finch

Reaction score
I'm 5' 8" and a bit, wouldn't mind being a bit taller but I'm content.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'3"

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm 5'4". It sucks in a lot of ways, but I've gotten used to it.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
it seems that SF has a majority of shorter folks, including myself.

I would be surprised if height isn't normally distributed among the SF population.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I would be surprised if height isn't normally distributed among the SF population.

I actually think we'll be taller than average. It's a better educated forum that trends towards the middle and upper classes. They tend to be taller.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
It's a better educated forum that trends towards the middle and upper classes. They tend to be taller.

Is there any research that backs this up? Not asking this as a challenge to you, but i'm genuinely curious/interested. I was an anthro major in college and i don't quite recall hearing about this in the sea of information i was caught up in.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 4

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Is there any research that backs this up? Not asking this as a challenge to you, but i'm genuinely curious/interested. I was an anthro major in college and i don't quite recall hearing about this in the sea of information i was caught up in.

Yes. Profs tend to dodge around this type of stuff, even though it's more infant health than eugenics....

"White males in the highest income category were significantly taller, heavier, more adipose, had higher levels of education, and were more often married than were their lowest income white counterparts"
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2139286.ece

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15161403

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads