1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

your height?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stickonatree, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

I'm about 3cm short of 5 '8' , which is rather below average. I think if I was any shorter my would be a significant nuisance but I guess I'm okay with it.

2. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

use to be 5'7". now 5'6" and dropping. soon i will disappear.

3. Honstu

Honstu Member

I'm 5'6", feeling a tad short.

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

5. Coho

Coho Senior member

Who is this dude? Anyone know?

[​IMG]

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Around 5' 10". I always hated being my height, because I was always the shortest guy on my basketball team.

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Around 5' 10". I always hated being my height, because I was always the shortest guy on my basketball team.

Really, you are that tall? From your pics it always looks like you door knob is eye level so I thought you were like 4'10" [​IMG]

8. tehbry

tehbry Senior member

5'8.5" in the morning - shorter side of the average I'd say.

9. overdog

overdog Senior member

Who is this dude? Anyone know?

[​IMG]

That is Sun Ming Ming, a 7'9" giant from China. Unlike Yao Ming, his height isn't hereditary. Rather, he had a pituitary gland disorder so he kept growing until they fixed it.

10. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

this is kinda cool - the poll shows just about a perfect bell curve stdev [​IMG]

11. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

use to be 5'7". now 5'6" and dropping. soon i will disappear.

[​IMG] :pats a tailor on the head:

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

this is kinda cool - the poll shows just about a perfect bell curve stdev [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jon.

13. Raz

Raz Senior member

I'm 5'4". It sucks in a lot of ways, but I've gotten used to it.

+1

14. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

189 cm. Girls love tall men, since in some way it indicates our genetic superiority. If you are short, you need to get rich.

15. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

189 cm. Girls love tall men, since in some way it indicates our genetic superiority. If you are short, you need to get rich.

I think it's difficult to predict what a woman will actually find attractive in a man. I have no doubt that, when asked, most will prefer men that are taller. But, in practice, it seems women often find themselves attracted to men for surprising or intangible reasons. Afterall, there are plenty of unwealthy, ugly men out there with attractive girlfriends or wives.

For example, I have absolutely no clue why my fiancee is attracted to me. I'd like to believe it's sheer animal magnetism at work, but somehow I doubt that.

16. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Whenever anywhere in the world such a statement is made, an alert is sent and the standard reply issued:
    No. The idea that men aren't at much of a disadvantage with women if they are physically unattractive and not wealthy (or likely to become wealthy) is false. Whether the false claim is based on making people feel better or not being good at judging present or past physical attractiveness or even having non-standard tastes, it's still a false claim.

On the bright side (for shorter males) is that height isn't very strongly linked to physical attractiveness. For example, the typical woman would choose a man of average or maybe slightly below-average height over a tall man if the latter is skinny and has the less attractive face.

17. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

I think it's difficult to predict what a woman will actually find attractive in a man. I have no doubt that, when asked, most will prefer men that are taller. But, in practice, it seems women often find themselves attracted to men for surprising or intangible reasons. Afterall, there are plenty of unwealthy, ugly men out there with attractive girlfriends or wives.

For example, I have absolutely no clue why my fiancee is attracted to me. I'd like to believe it's sheer animal magnetism at work, but somehow I doubt that.

My hideous ears are burning.

18. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Whatever, Shorty.

19. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Whenever anywhere in the world such a statement is made, an alert is sent and the standard reply issued:
    No. The idea that men aren't at much of a disadvantage with women if they are physically unattractive and not wealthy (or likely to become wealthy) is false. Whether the false claim is based on making people feel better or not being good at judging present or past physical attractiveness or even having non-standard tastes, it's still a false claim.

On the bright side (for shorter males) is that height isn't very strongly linked to physical attractiveness. For example, the typical woman would choose a man of average or maybe slightly below-average height over a tall man if the latter is skinny and has the less attractive face.

Do people actually pay you for this kind of insight? I'd think that a man with the spine necessary to enter a room with dignity despite his appearance would be the most likely to get a good woman and the least likely to need you.

My hideous ears are burning.

Look at me. There's always hope.

Whatever, Shorty.

Whatever, dude. I'm all set.

20. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Look at me. There's always hope.

I meant you were talking about me so my ears were burning.
    My wife is not only quite good looking, she holds two terminal degrees. [​IMG]