• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your first job out of college

SenorMatador

Reaction score
TV news reporter. Did it for 5 months, the place was really a piece of work. Put me out of my misery two weeks ago, haven't looked back.

Currently interviewing at a station in Austin. Two offers at either an investment firm or ad agency in Austin.. not sure if I want to switch careers just yet, only 22.

Merlino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Are you Dutch?

I am, yes
smile.gif

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first real job will be in public accounting!

usnawolfe

Reaction score
Navy EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal).

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Immediately out of undergrad: temped as an admin. asst. for the admissions office of an art school in Baltimore. I had few marketable skills and it was in a very relaxed office, things could have been much worse.

Immediately out of grad school: data manager for the public policy research department in a national non-profit. Again, not particularly ideal, but not awful.

Now: market research analyst for a university press. Much more in line with my career goals and I'm learning new skills. I've been really lucky to find jobs that have built on top of one another rather seamlessly.

jay_spec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
My first real job will be in public accounting!

Public accounting was/is my first job. Now I'd like to move on to my second job!

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
same job i held while attending college, development manager of a non-profit.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teen Mentor and Technology Director at the Boys & Girls Club

**** pay, **** hours, fun job

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
in no particular order, I enjoyed these three responses most. the rest were [non-baller] disappointments--I had higher expectations for SF, like 250k starting salary or trust fund experiments in gay photography
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Are you Dutch?
Originally Posted by iammatt
I was a slave.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I was the team lead for a black ops, wet work group in the Middle East and South America.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my first full time job was running my own business
my first full time job working for someone else was in an internal strategy group for a F100 financial services firm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads