• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your First Concert, Show, and your most recent

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first show was The Who in Dallas in 2001. I don't care if they're old and graying, that was a spectacular first concert.

Most recent concert was the Dallas Symphony and Chorus performing Beethoven's Ninth. Everyone should hear that live at least once.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
+1 I saw that tour too. Just Neil, a 12 string, an harmonica, and a stool to sit on.
I saw Neil on the Greendale tour. I thought it was great.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Neil...one of the few times I've been driven to near-tears at a concert was CSNY in 2006 (Freedom of Speech tour). It happened twice at that show: first, when Neil sat down at the piano and sang "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" with Crosby and Nash on backup vocals. Second was when Stills absolutely KILLED "Love the One You're With." It was this funked-up rock version that just blew the crowd away. Everyone was on their feet for that.

I've seen CSN/CSNY probably 4 times and that is one band that never fails to please.

Roland Loden of Germany

Reaction score
I cannot help but to feel a sentiment of sorrow for those whose first concerts were either of a rubbish performer or of a previous great now set upon old age and motivated by concerns for lavish transcontinental retirement.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland Loden of Germany
I cannot help but to feel a sentiment of sorrow for those whose first concerts were either of a rubbish performer or of a previous great now set upon old age and motivated by concerns for lavish transcontinental retirement.

Perhaps you are jealous because your first concert was at oom-pahlooza?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
first arena 'concert' - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Vanilla Ice circa 1990
first club show- Mates of State
last show- King Khan and the BBQ show
looking forward to- the White Stripes in Lincoln if the canceled dates get rescheduled

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First big concert- Village People with Gloria Gaynor opening. I think it must have been around 1979 or so.
First club show- I think REM (in 1985 at a 500 capacity club) was the first major band but I had seen many local bands prior to that as I was playing in some punk bands by then.
Most recent- Rolling Stones in Osaka around 2 years ago. I really should go to more concerts.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
First big concert- Village People with Gloria Gaynor opening. I think it must have been around 1979 or so.
And you make gay jokes about me? You have some soul-searching to do, my friend!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some props here for Oasis live. We've had a couple of live concerts of theirs on TV here. I get the strong impression from them that Liam's stage moves are limited to standing by a mike with his hands clasped behind his back. Are they really that good live?

No props for DMB or Nick Cave? Both of them were superb in their own way.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
And you make gay jokes about me? You have some soul-searching to do, my friend!

Admit it, Conne...you're just jealous.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have only been to 1 concert in my life. It was NiN The Fragile tour.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since most people are adding best/worst to this, I will too:

Best: Al Jarreau 1983 Zoo Amphitheater, Oklahoma City
Worst: Al Jarreau 1987 Park Central Amphitheater, Dallas, TX (Chaka Khan opened for him and she blew him away...he wanted to talk for 2 hours that night and only sang songs that no one wanted to hear).

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
^ hope you got a chance to check out the awesome bathrooms at the zoo amphitheater
crackup[1].gif

robbie

Shloff

Reaction score
Yngwie Malmsteen

Go Classical. He was fantastic for throwing out picks, but I think you saw him way past when I saw him as a warm up guy. Same time as Maiden, Scorps, and forbid, Bon Jovi...

I speak of the 80'S when he really spoke...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads