Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Your feelings on people wearing "the poor man's" version of high end labels?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tornadoe, Dec 22, 2013.

1. tornadoe

tornadoe Member

I didn't know my 7th grade bully had an account here. The question is why do you ride Zara cock so hard? Are you sponsored to tell me people that shop at tacky clown stores dress better?

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Spoken like the true CEO of our Forum of Gentlemen.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For some reason, this reminds me of this (I have 4 kids, 3 of the under 8, so I have watched this movie a lot):
    [​IMG]

4. sneet

sneet Well-Known Member

are you a troll? why do you care so much what other people dress in? If people can look good in Zara, let them learn about the shitty stitching and enjoy the look in the mean time. I think your elitist attitude is a bit more of "high school bully," isn't it?

And don't even go the ethical high ground. Grenson is a good example of how far made in wherever marketing goes... and I'm more than sure they're not the only ones.

5. sneet

sneet Well-Known Member

No, but they're not mutually inclusive either. Caring too much about the brand based on some kind of brand image of "quality" in many cases is the same as wearing a Marc by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacons graphic tee, except towards internet goers to impress in fitpics. Different manufacturers offer products of differing quality, that do or do not match up with brand image.

6. tornadoe

tornadoe Member

I'm not even going to try to read and understand this strong opinion. it's not important to me.

Like I said, all the lower brands like zara/h&m copy designers. I asked for random opinions on their business strategies not "uhhh is it okay for me to have this opinion?"

7. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Actually, your original post (below) sounded value laden, whether your meant it to be or not.

In answer to your question, no, most people can't tell the difference. In fact, most people are not even aware ot the "designer" versions, much less have any basis for comparison.

9. sns23

sns23 Senior member

People don't shop at Zara because they can get a jacket for 100 that looks similar to some designer jacket for 4000. In fact, the people do not even know that the 4000 jacket exists because they do not shop for clothes that expensive. People buy the Zara jacket because they like the jacket. Brand is irrelevant.

10. Seekky

Seekky Member

they have less quality and details most of the time..
    but you know,, who cares. (i do lol)

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Do you think everything designers put out is original? What do you even mean by "designers?" Zara/H&M have designers too.

12. Distorbiant

People shop at Zara not to buy fashion, but to buy the idea of fashion.

They're total cheapasses though. My friend works there and all the employees get is 10% off full priced items.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

you know exactly what he means and are just being a pedantic contrarian for the sake of it

14. Distorbiant

It's not like most designers give a shit.

Look at how how Marant had been shaking her fist for YEARS at all the companies that copied her sneakers, and then turned around and did an overhyped H&M collab.