• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite way to lace coffee

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the grappa I had was 110 proof, so I was probably drunk before it hit my taste buds.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
There is no beverage more foul than Sambuca. I hate, hate, hate, hate that stuff.

you have proabaly had only bad sambuca. most commercial batches are unbearable but some are decnt adn the house made sambuca( sambuca fatta in casa) can be excellent.

and i sma still puzzled over the term fresh grappa could anyone expalin what it is?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I thought grappa was by definition a hard liquor, so always 40+ proof, and freshness irrelevant.
confused.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Maybe I have only had bad grappa. That is probably likely. But all the stuff I have had tasted like paint thinner smells.
Manton, I'm horrified. Find a place where you can purchase Jacopo Poli Sarpa Reserva di Poli. I'm sure Astor would stock it or could get it. http://www.winebow.com/italy/Poli%20...%20Riserva.pdf I would be very confused if it did not please you. If it doesn't I'll come to the city and buy it back from you. ~ Huntsman

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoy either a heavy dose of Kahlua or Bailey's in my mud.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, Jamieson's here for a simple warmer. Coffee cocktails, well now that's a whole 'nother world.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy sambuca (molinari) in my expresso....Delicious.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the perfect thread for the holiday season. Personally, I like Baily's at home and I get an Irish coffee when at brunch as a starter. It seems like the most reasonable transition into the day.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kahlua is good, Bailey's is better.

I couldn't imagine drinking coffee with sambuca and I don't even mind sambuca...

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Kahlua is good, Bailey's is better.

I couldn't imagine drinking coffee with sambuca and I don't even mind sambuca...

The traditional way to serve sambuca is neat with a few toasted coffee beans. The two flavors mix well together.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arsenic. Although they never proved it and I'm not admitting to anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads