• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite video game of 2008?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Braid, hands down.

Runners up are Fable 2 and likely Fallout 3 once I get further into it.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Left 4 Dead

There's a lot of games I haven't played this year though.

Yeah, I've played a whole lot this year, but still haven't got around to Gears 2, Far Cry 2, The World Ends With You, Prince of Persia, etc.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-Play says Fable 2 is the best. I like Morgan Webb.
devil.gif

morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say left 4 dead.

Spore was a letdown and though I played a ton of it, TF2 was a 2007 game.

Smash Bros. Brawl should be mentioned...it is fun and considering the level of addiction my roommates showed, might be on some people's lists (but I just can't get that into it)

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Left for Dead. It's pretty much the only game I bothered playing. Hopefully more multiplayer games will follow in its footsteps and require actual teamwork.

DDSJohnny

Reaction score
metal gear GOP. best game i've ever played. GTA 4 places 2nd. those are the only 2 games i've purchased this year and the story lines were worth every penny.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fallout 3 for me, great soundtrack of 20-s to 40s jazz. Its the only game I've played from 2008 though.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg

Thanks for ruining our NERD fest.

Anyways, obviously there's CoD4 which added a little innovation to online FPS and just about perfected the rest.

Mirror's Edge brought a lot of innovation, edge, and fun to the gaming industry and while it's not without it's flaws I hope that the developers continue with it. Some people hated it, my hands however itch to play it all the time.

And Ninja Gaiden 2 is an excellent addition to any library though it feels very unpolished, a different version might come out anyways (Ninja Gaiden Black 2?).

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My obvious answers: LittleBigPlanet, COD4.

My not so obvious answer: PixelJunk Eden. Can't wait for the new PixelJunk games to come out.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rhythm games like Rock Band and GHWT still do it for me. Spore was decent, but was over hyped. MG4 was awesome, but the Metal Gear series is the only reason I'm a Playstation fanboy.

... and I don't think I ruined anything. Morgan Webb is the ultimate nerd crush.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... and I don't think I ruined anything. Morgan Webb is the ultimate nerd crush.

People are like 'Do you really play video games?' and I'm like 'No, but it makes an otherwise average girl like me really popular with a small-but-growing subset of teens with larger than average disposable incomes.'

morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
People are like 'Do you really play video games?' and I'm like 'No, but it makes an otherwise average girl like me really popular with a small-but-growing subset of teens with larger than average disposable incomes.'

morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg

Hate to say it, but +1. Any average girl would look like that after getting the "Maxim" treatment.

Anyway yeah, go cop LittleBigPlanet, people. The game, even at full price, is an incredible value.

oceans11

Reaction score
I'm more of an Olivia Munn fan. I'm not even sure if she actually plays the games I just think she's hotter than Webb.

X-Play says Fable 2 is the best. I like Morgan Webb.
devil.gif

morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads