1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite tie brands

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, May 15, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

Mine =

Lanvin
    Faconnable
    Trussardi
    Ferre

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I don't really have a favorite brand, but if there is one particular brand that makes ties that I always seem to want, it would be Zegna. But, having been in the Borrelli store in Palm Beach last month, I would have to say that if I could afford it, I'd go with Borrelli.

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

I like Zegna ties. I have about four of them, all from eBay. I'd never pay full retail for them [​IMG]

4. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Ties: I tend to prefer wovens versus printed ties, but that might be due to current popularity rather than longterm preference. Like everyone else, I would love to wear Talbott and Kiton seven folds, but alas, my current budget doesn't allow for such extravagances.

My favorite tie is a simple cream woven by Cifonelli (a franco-italian textile manufacturer who makes stuff for Davide Cenci), while my everyday ties rotate around a core of Dunhill, Thomas Pink, and Charles Tyrwhitt. Recently, I've experimented with some sportier stuff by Ted Baker, and I might look into Etro and Paul Smith this summer.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Robert Talbott Tie ([​IMG] ) Borrelli/ XMI Platinum Turnbull and Asser (kinda thin though) Zegna ETRO/ Paul Smith Charvet/Brioni-Italo Ferretti/Ricci I'm also much more enamored of wovens currently, but used to be into prints. Don't care much for solids. My current favorites depend on the season.

6. acole

acole Senior member

If "Your favorite brands" = "what's in my closet" then mine are: Ike Behar Zegna (Villa Bolgheri, Napoli Couture, and "plain" Zegna) Talbott Best of Class Charvet XMI Platinum Charles Tyrwhitt handmade All woven jacquard, no prints. Â I'd like to try some 7-folds, but the ones I run into are ugly (apart from Chuck's). Â I guess I generally look for a beautiful "hand", vibrant colors, and a good knot. That, and a killer bargain. Here's a recent favorite of mine from Ike Behar: [​IMG]

7. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

I choose my ties to suit my mood,so my collection runs from more conservative designs by Zegna and Charvet,to wildly colorful ones by Vitaliano Pancaldi,Robert Daskal,and Coogi. My favorite woven ties are from: Robert Talbott Best Of Class XMI Platinum,and Duchamp __ acole, Since you like substantial,vibrantly colored ties,here's a close up shot of a Duchamp,from tiedeals.com,who have some of the better prices I've seen on that line: [​IMG] (One note: Duchamps are very thick,and tend to be a bit more narrow -- approximately 3.6" maximum width -- than ordinary ties)

8. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Robert Talbott Best of Class
    And lately, Breuer and Hickey Freeman.

9. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

By far . . . Massimo Bizzochi of Kiton fame. Gorgeous woven prints and the best knots always.

10. alnlee

alnlee New Member

I like Prada, Jil Sander and Helmut Lang ties. Being thin, most other brands make ties that are too wide which looks disproportionate on me.

11. Mr_Sweden

Mr_Sweden Active Member

Hermes
    Holliday & Brown
    Cravats of London

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Any paisley tie, from Altea to Etro to Zegna. I've like paisley ties since high school - intricate design, but subdued. Lots of details.

13. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

I'm a sucker for the Fabrege due to the colors/patterns.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

HAHAHA: Store. More like a big closet really. That is one small retail space.

Jon.

15. jcusey

jcusey Senior member

Why, Carlo Franco, of course. [​IMG] And Charvet, Kiton, Zegna, Robert Tallbott (Best of Class and 7-fold), Arnys, and Hermes (there, I said it).

16. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Kiton
    Borrelli
    Zegna Napoli
    Bizzochi
    Battistoni
    Ricci
    Bvlgari

17. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I prefer Bulgari, Etro, and Charvet. However I also have a penchant for Versace Couture ties in their Baroque forms.

18. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Thracozaag, why do you like Kiton ties? I have always found them quite odd. [​IMG]

19. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I love the silk they use on their 7-folds.

20. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Admitited the are high quality, I just find the designs a little strange.