• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite season?

free man

Reaction score
So what is your favorite season for clothes? I love summer, nothing better than wearing some bright green pants and a perfectly fitting pale yellow 3/2 roll linen sportcoat over to the Yacht Club.

free man

Reaction score
I can do early fall when the leaves are just starting to fall, but it is still ~60 degrees during the day (I live in Boston), but when it starts to get colder I start to become less happy
laugh.gif

james_gsx

Reaction score
I love summer when I'm not wearing a suit everyday to work. But I enjoy the cooler temperatures in the fall and early winter.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Wish I had some more money and heavy coats. Winter would be looking a whole lot better.

Edit: I live in New Orleans, thus I have no "winter cred."

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
living for the most part in central texas, it doesn't really get very cold often. Either way, I prefer late fall/early winter. Its good for jackets and suits.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I much prefer winter, i think there's nothing better than being in a great big overcoat with a nice cashmere scarf and leather gloves.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Fall, then winter. I love wearing subdued colors, tweed jackets, cashmere scarfs, heavy boots and knit sweaters. There's basically no spring where I live so can't rank that. I hate summer: don't like heat and humidity, don't like showing skin (shorts are ok but not short sleeves). Imo, this time of year is perfect.

Dashing1

Reaction score
Summer is my personal fave. I can wear brighter colors, and my mood seems to brighten with them. Plus, I can wear linen and break out my spectators & white bucks. Perfection!

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Fall and spring, not a big fan of either very hot or very cold weather!

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall, most definitely. in fact, those first few days when you notice a distinct change in the weather and you start thinking about unpacking your jackets, sweaters, and pants from the previous season.

unfortunately, LA has averaged temps during the day in the 80s and 90s for most of Oct and Nov.

-Jeff

free man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashing1
Summer is my personal fave. I can wear brighter colors, and my mood seems to brighten with them. Plus, I can wear linen and break out my spectators & white bucks. Perfection!
Linen and Seersucker is where its at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads