1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite pretend-Italian labels.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Mar 30, 2005.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

LOL [​IMG]

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I frequently travel to SE asia where brand name conciousness is very high.  I love to embarass my sisters in law by mispronouncing their favorite brands in shops and around their friends.  Sort of having a "farmer"/ hick in your family.  My favorites Gucci  pronounced "gukki" versace pronounced if it was written in french  "versays" channel pronouned like the body of water between UK and france. and of  course Louis Vuitton is spoken "lewis waitton"
    LOL Â [​IMG]
    Bye the way, this is also good with extremely snotty salespeople. Once you have been given tons of attitude, time to lash back. In the presence of the offending salesperson, dial a number on your cell phone, "Hey, I think I found the sunglasses you were looking for, yeah the ones with metal frames you liked. I think they have more than a few pairs. You want three pairs. ok" Then address the salesperson and say, "Three of those Gukki sunglasses, please". Watch his/her reaction. Are they biting their lips trying to correct you, are they rolling their eyes. Time to have some fun. Add comments like, " You guys have such a great collection of Gukki, I'll tell all my friends to come here too."

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

4. 4Mica

4Mica Senior member

(4Mica @ April 01 2005,15:36) Yo soy de River. Â Cantar la cancion, millionario campeon, millionario campeon.
    Oy....no. Jon.
    Por quien hinchas?

5. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Oh My.... WOW, I'll bet you they purchased it somewhere without seeing it to flip thinking it was a Brioni but nyooooooooo... it is genuine Brionni, same font in the label as Brioni. Oh man, that's funny. Better than Giorgio Armenia

6. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

(MilanoStyle @ April 04 2005,07:02) How about Brionni http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws....11&rd=1
    Oh My.... WOW, I'll bet you they purchased it somewhere without seeing it to flip thinking it was a Brioni but nyooooooooo... it is genuine Brionni, same font in the label as Brioni. Oh man, that's funny. Better than Giorgio Armenia
    It must be Brioni's uncle. lol

7. marc237

marc237 Senior member

8. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

(MilanoStyle @ April 04 2005,07:02) How about Brionni http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws....11&rd=1
    This is a classic. I am going to put this auction in my "watch" list to see who will be the sucker to win the authetic Brionni.