• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite place in Hong Kong

spb_lady

Reaction score
In a week I'll be sitting in an airplane from Moscow to Hong Kong
bounce2.gif
I have already been to this city half of a year ago and was greatly impressed by it. Are there any other Hong Kong lovers here? What are your favourite places in Hong Kong? May be I'll add something to my list from your's
wink.gif
Hong_KongThe_Peak.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The peak is a nice view, and you gotta go at least once, but personally I like taking a bus or taxi from Central, or any of the north side of the island, down to Aberdeen and walking across to Ap Lei Chau, that is my favorite place in Hong Kong. From Horizons plaza down the Ferrari dealer/Joyce outlet, it's nice to have that ocean breeze on you. Apparently a local guy agreed with me, as the last time I was down there, some guy had the seat cranked back in his 512BBi parked on the side of the road, and was just reading a book.

KenN

Reaction score
Mong Kok at night time.
I don't remember seeing that many people in one place ever.

The ferry is pretty nice too (lower deck).

TST is worth a visit as well.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
The ferry is pretty nice too (lower deck).
i realized that there was also upper deck only when returned back to russia and shared impressions with my friends who have also been there
facepalm.gif
Originally Posted by KenN
Mong Kok at night time. I don't remember seeing that many people in one place ever.
i usually try to avoid crowded places while travelling

UpperWestie

Reaction score
So much to do. If you like enjoy the nightlife scene, starting off with drinks at the Upperhouse is always a win. How long you there for? I'll be there in a few weeks...drinks on moi!

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UpperWestie
So much to do. If you like enjoy the nightlife scene, starting off with drinks at the Upperhouse is always a win. How long you there for? I'll be there in a few weeks...drinks on moi!

What's Upperhouse? We went out to Lan Kwai Fong last time... that was fun
blush.gif

I'll be there for one week this time... till the 10th of September.

redzapper

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I don't get to go until the end of the year.
My wife loves taking the tram.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
^^ Upperhouse is a nice little boutique hotel. Good bar there. http://www.upperhouse.com/Pages/index.aspx

Also try Sevva in the Prince's building. They have a big terrace for drinks at night. Only go if you don't mind the douchey bankers like me. http://www.sevva.hk/

LKF - Just follow the crowds to the hooligan aussie pubs, or the other yupster places are Dragon I, Mint, Volar, Prive. There you will find all the other ex-pat monkey finance types chasing models.

Looks like I'll miss you by a few days. Next time!

spb_lady

Reaction score
^^ Upperhouse is a nice little boutique hotel. Good bar there. http://www.upperhouse.com/Pages/index.aspx

Also try Sevva in the Prince's building. They have a big terrace for drinks at night. Only go if you don't mind the douchey bankers like me. http://www.sevva.hk/

lol
laugh.gif
i've been to Finds last time... also a kind of nice hotel bar with a terrace and lots of banker type guys around
smile.gif

LKF - Just follow the crowds to the hooligan aussie pubs, or the other yupster places are Dragon I, Mint, Volar, Prive. There you will find all the other ex-pat monkey finance types chasing models.

it looked exactly like you describe it btw

Looks like I'll miss you by a few days. Next time!

next time
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lots of favorite places in hong kong for me... mostly restaurants, bars and streets I've been in plenty of times in the past. I'm very fond of causeway bay and some restaurants there not because they're the pinnacle of hong kong cuisine but because it reminds me of a dear cousin of mine who took the time to bring me to hkg back in school who has since passed away.

hong kong folks are pretty bummed right now because of that hostage incident here in manila... still won't stop me from going there in late september though.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
still won't stop me from going there in late september though.
seems like i'll miss you all by several days or weeks
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry I missed you, I just left yesterday.

for me, the ferry and peak are probrably my favorite places.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
sorry I missed you, I just left yesterday.

how was it? i looked at the weather forecast - rains and storms on the way
confused.gif

as long as you're always around asia, we'll meet one day i think
laugh.gif

spb_lady

Reaction score
aj_del, looks cute... where is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads