1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite place in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by spb_lady, Aug 26, 2010.

1. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

In a week I'll be sitting in an airplane from Moscow to Hong Kong [​IMG] I have already been to this city half of a year ago and was greatly impressed by it. Are there any other Hong Kong lovers here? What are your favourite places in Hong Kong? May be I'll add something to my list from your's [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The peak is a nice view, and you gotta go at least once, but personally I like taking a bus or taxi from Central, or any of the north side of the island, down to Aberdeen and walking across to Ap Lei Chau, that is my favorite place in Hong Kong. From Horizons plaza down the Ferrari dealer/Joyce outlet, it's nice to have that ocean breeze on you. Apparently a local guy agreed with me, as the last time I was down there, some guy had the seat cranked back in his 512BBi parked on the side of the road, and was just reading a book.

3. KenN

KenN Senior member

Mong Kok at night time.
    I don't remember seeing that many people in one place ever.

The ferry is pretty nice too (lower deck).

TST is worth a visit as well.

4. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

The ferry is pretty nice too (lower deck).
    i realized that there was also upper deck only when returned back to russia and shared impressions with my friends who have also been there [​IMG]
    Mong Kok at night time. I don't remember seeing that many people in one place ever.
    i usually try to avoid crowded places while travelling

5. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

So much to do. If you like enjoy the nightlife scene, starting off with drinks at the Upperhouse is always a win. How long you there for? I'll be there in a few weeks...drinks on moi!

6. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

So much to do. If you like enjoy the nightlife scene, starting off with drinks at the Upperhouse is always a win. How long you there for? I'll be there in a few weeks...drinks on moi!

What's Upperhouse? We went out to Lan Kwai Fong last time... that was fun [​IMG]

I'll be there for one week this time... till the 10th of September.

7. redzapper

redzapper Senior member

I'm jealous. I don't get to go until the end of the year.
    My wife loves taking the tram.

8. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

^^ Upperhouse is a nice little boutique hotel. Good bar there. http://www.upperhouse.com/Pages/index.aspx

Also try Sevva in the Prince's building. They have a big terrace for drinks at night. Only go if you don't mind the douchey bankers like me. http://www.sevva.hk/

LKF - Just follow the crowds to the hooligan aussie pubs, or the other yupster places are Dragon I, Mint, Volar, Prive. There you will find all the other ex-pat monkey finance types chasing models.

Looks like I'll miss you by a few days. Next time!

9. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

^^ Upperhouse is a nice little boutique hotel. Good bar there. http://www.upperhouse.com/Pages/index.aspx

Also try Sevva in the Prince's building. They have a big terrace for drinks at night. Only go if you don't mind the douchey bankers like me. http://www.sevva.hk/

lol [​IMG] i've been to Finds last time... also a kind of nice hotel bar with a terrace and lots of banker type guys around [​IMG]

LKF - Just follow the crowds to the hooligan aussie pubs, or the other yupster places are Dragon I, Mint, Volar, Prive. There you will find all the other ex-pat monkey finance types chasing models.

it looked exactly like you describe it btw

Looks like I'll miss you by a few days. Next time!

next time [​IMG]

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

lots of favorite places in hong kong for me... mostly restaurants, bars and streets I've been in plenty of times in the past. I'm very fond of causeway bay and some restaurants there not because they're the pinnacle of hong kong cuisine but because it reminds me of a dear cousin of mine who took the time to bring me to hkg back in school who has since passed away.

hong kong folks are pretty bummed right now because of that hostage incident here in manila... still won't stop me from going there in late september though.

11. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

still won't stop me from going there in late september though.
    seems like i'll miss you all by several days or weeks [​IMG]

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry I missed you, I just left yesterday.

for me, the ferry and peak are probrably my favorite places.

13. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

sorry I missed you, I just left yesterday.

how was it? i looked at the weather forecast - rains and storms on the way [​IMG]

as long as you're always around asia, we'll meet one day i think [​IMG]

14. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

15. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

aj_del, looks cute... where is it?

16. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

17. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

thanks!

looks like nice place for picnic [​IMG]

18. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

how was it? i looked at the weather forecast - rains and storms on the way [​IMG]

as long as you're always around asia, we'll meet one day i think [​IMG]

I think there's a lot of rain in the forecast but it may be a good thing. I'm here now and it's amazingly clear; perhaps the rain has knocked some of the smog out of the air. I haven't seen HK this clear in years, and I come 2-3 times/year.

Nobody's mentioned Soho, but it's a great 'hood for dinner and drinks, far superior to LKF if you ask me.

19. Matt

Matt Senior member

how much longer will you be staying Douglas?

20. yodawg

yodawg Senior member

lots of favorite places in hong kong for me... mostly restaurants, bars and streets I've been in plenty of times in the past. I'm very fond of causeway bay and some restaurants there not because they're the pinnacle of hong kong cuisine but because it reminds me of a dear cousin of mine who took the time to bring me to hkg back in school who has since passed away.

hong kong folks are pretty bummed right now because of that hostage incident here in manila... still won't stop me from going there in late september though.

such a shame.

i never figured out where LKF was. is it near the museum?[​IMG]

the day i decided to go to the museum it was closed lol! i think that was a tues or thurs...