1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite McDonalds sandwich

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by EL72, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

the Big Mac is my single fave fast-food food

when they go on sale for 99cents each, I will have 2 for lunch, and 2 for dinner....for a week straight, sometimes longer.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I usually don't eat fast food, but the sandwiches at Wendy's or BK are much better.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

when they go on sale for 99cents each, I will have 2 for lunch, and 2 for dinner....for a week straight, sometimes longer.

That's what I'm talking about.

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

What, no option for the simple cheeseburger -- not that bloody double-patty-can't-get-enough-fat-and-or-gluttony-stupid-and pathetic-abomination-thingy -- just a cheeseburger. So, in other words, other for me.

5. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

What, no option for the simple cheeseburger -- not that bloody double-patty-can't-get-enough-fat-and-or-gluttony-stupid-and pathetic-abomination-thingy -- just a cheeseburger. So, in other words, other for me.

The cheeseburger is a respectable choice. In fact, it is my second choice after the Big Mac. Although, it is only respectable if you eat 2 cheeseburgers. If you eat just one, you are a chump.

[​IMG]

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

I pride myself on eating total crap, but even I won't touch McDonalds anymore (never much liked it in the first place). Last time I ate a Big Mac and it was like I had a damn brick in my stomach. If I'm getting fast food, I'm pulling into Jack In The Box 9 times out of 10.

Cici's all you can eat bellyache pizza buffet is good too. I always regret eating there, but I still occassionally go because it calls to me...

7. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

You have a lot of faith that what is the the filet-o-fish is actual fish [​IMG] All the news articles about the bad things fish have is counterde by a similar number about the benefits of fish. I just call it a draw and eat whatever I feel like at that moment.

I like McD's, and I usually get a two hamburger meal supersized.

[​IMG]

CoryB . . . at Ivan's age, it takes plenty of faith, just to get up in the morning.

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

If anything, watching that movie gave me a serious McDonalds craving.
    LOL, me too. The very next day, I just had to have a griddle sandwich.

I usually get a big mac. Never liked the quarter pounder, dunno why. I only eat McDonalds at the airport, maybe 3-4 times a year. I don't eat fast food otherwise.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

LOL, me too. The very next day, I just had to have a griddle sandwich.

I usually get a big mac. Never liked the quarter pounder, dunno why. I only eat McDonalds at the airport, maybe 3-4 times a year. I don't eat fast food otherwise.

Oh, I forgot about the McGriddle things. Those are horribly disgusting, but at the same time, really, really good. I guess that's my vote. The only times I've had one I've been very hung over, and they are good for that.

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

You have a lot of faith that what is the the filet-o-fish is actual fish [​IMG]

Actually I know for a fact that some of it is made with north pacific pollock. That's one of the fisheries I work with. Yeah, I know: dull.

b

11. j

j Senior member Admin

Actually I know for a fact that some of it is made with north pacific pollock. That's one of the fisheries I work with. Yeah, I know: dull.

b

As opposed to the Trans-Atlantic Pollock, which would not be caught dead and cooked in such a repugnant establishment.

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

Im a Big Mac guy, but I wont eat McDonalds in the US, makes me ill. Any other country I love it.

There was this one time on a bus through Florida that stopped in at a roadside Maccas that I think I'll never forget....

13. Kai

Kai Senior member

The only time I eat at MacDonalds is for breakfast.

I usually get an Egg McMuffin

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

The last time I ate MacDonalds' food was when I was 14. I remember the occasion. My friends and I referred to it as "shlop-grease." For reference, I'm now 43, so it's been the better part of 30 years.

15. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

The McRib!

Word!!

BTW, McDonalds is widely credited by government Agricultural people and others for bringing huge positive changes to the cattle industry, in particular to slaughtering methods. People actually refer to cow slaughtering in "before Mcdonalds" and "after McDonalds" terms. yes, I know, this was probably brought on by pressure from animal rights people but my understanding is that anyone who eats beef should be thankful of Mcdonalds.

16. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

There is something so ill about that. Not sure if it is ill in an 80's Beasties way or il like an Immodium way

K

17. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

As opposed to the Trans-Atlantic Pollock, which would not be caught dead and cooked in such a repugnant establishment.

Now that is funny.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

b

I saw a documentary on the North Pacific fisheries. Absolutely mindblowing. I have hunted and killed creatures that I subsequently ate -- but all those fish -- almost made me a little ill. I have a hard time imagining that there can be that many fish and that they aren't already wiped out with the absurd quantites removed.

~ Huntsman

19. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The cheeseburger is a respectable choice. In fact, it is my second choice after the Big Mac. Although, it is only respectable if you eat 2 cheeseburgers. If you eat just one, you are a chump.

[​IMG]

Absolutely.

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

The McChicken deserves more love than it's getting in this thread. So here's to you, McChicken. [​IMG]