1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite McDonalds sandwich

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by EL72, Sep 7, 2006.

1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I am a crispy chicken and occasional Big Mac guy.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Royale with Cheese.

Just kidding. I don't eat fast food.

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

big and tasty. filet o fish with a whole freakin' bunch of tartar sauce. the sausage and egg sandwich is the breakfast of choice at the McDonalds in Mojave for road trips up to Mammoth Mountain.

on the other hand, Big Macs give me diarrhea. yeah, i know, too much information. heh heh.

-Jeff

5. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

I said McChicken. Truth is, I have eaten there like one time in the past five years and that's because it was pretty much the only option I had. And I thought it was the worse meal I had in those five years.

6. j

j Senior member Admin

Every time I've eaten at McDonald's in the last 10 years or so (since high school) I've regretted it. Their food is terrible. The fries are especially awful. The "eggs" taste like foam rubber. Their 100% bottom line strategy includes giving you your orange juice in a paper cup with a crappy lid so it can spill and can't be carried on a motorbike instead of using cartons like all the other places do.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Every time I've eaten at McDonald's in the last 10 years or so (since high school) I've regretted it. Their food is terrible. The fries are especially awful. The "eggs" taste like foam rubber.

EXACTLY! I ate McDonalds yesterday (I was in a rush) for the first time in like 6 months and I threw half of it away.

Jon.

8. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Every time I've eaten at McDonald's in the last 10 years or so (since high school) I've regretted it. Their food is terrible. The fries are especially awful. The "eggs" taste like foam rubber. Their 100% bottom line strategy includes giving you your orange juice in a paper cup with a crappy lid so it can spill and can't be carried on a motorbike instead of using cartons like all the other places do.

Obviously the food (if we can call it that) is crap, everyone knows that. What's your favourite sandwich though?

9. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

10. EL72

EL72 Senior member

The McRib!

Is it still available? I haven't seen it in years. Not a bad one though.

11. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

We all know that real men only eat Big Macs at McDonalds. You bunch of sissies.

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and one of those awesome St. Paddy's Day Milkshakes. That's a fucking meal.

I am such a glutton. Sigh.

b

13. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and one of those awesome St. Paddy's Day Milkshakes. That's a fucking meal.

Throw some bacon on it and you might be on to something.

14. j

j Senior member Admin

I seriously can't stand any of their stuff anymore, but when I did eat it, it was a 1/4LBerw/C.

15. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I used to love, the filet-0-fish, with a huge order of french fries. Lately though, I'm not eating them . . . have read too much about fish having ingested everything from prosac, to estrogen via pesticides, to whatever undigested pills, end up in their waters. Just read an article recently, about male fish, developing female characteristics, because of too much estrogen in their 'diets.' Great.

16. WN2

WN2 Senior member

QP. Double and with bacon if possible.

How come the food at McDonald's is crap? Fast food, sure, but qualitywise the ingredients are ok. Perhaps their quality control and/or gov regulations suck more over there than here.

17. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I avoid them, especially after seeing "Supersize Me".

18. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I avoid them, especially after seeing "Supersize Me".

If anything, watching that movie gave me a serious McDonalds craving. Except the part where he threw up in the parking lot, watching him eat all that food made me damn hungry.

19. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

"Other" for the egg-bacon-cheese McGriddle.

20. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I used to love, the filet-0-fish, with a huge order of french fries. Lately though, I'm not eating them . . . have read too much about fish having ingested everything from prosac, to estrogen via pesticides, to whatever undigested pills, end up in their waters. Just read an article recently, about male fish, developing female characteristics, because of too much estrogen in their 'diets.' Great.

You have a lot of faith that what is the the filet-o-fish is actual fish [​IMG] All the news articles about the bad things fish have is counterde by a similar number about the benefits of fish. I just call it a draw and eat whatever I feel like at that moment.

I like McD's, and I usually get a two hamburger meal supersized.