1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite "King of the blues"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Three choices: Albert, B.B. and Freddie. I have to go with Albert. Listen to the following albums for the reason why: Born Under a Bad Sign and In Session (the latter with Stevie Ray Vaughan).

2. milosz

milosz Senior member

Junior Kimbrough

3. cadillac37

cadillac37 Senior member

I went with Freddie. It was a tough call, and I could have gone Albert. Freddie had the perfect guitar tone, and that pushed him over the top. As a guitar player, I have chased that sound for years.

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Blind Old Willie Witherspoon

5. romafan

romafan Senior member

6. axe

axe Senior member

Definitely Freddie. BB is great, but -- dare I say it? -- overrated.

7. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Rodney King was king of getting whupped by guys in blue.

8. Vito

Vito Senior member

Not much of a blues fan, but I'm a big fan of all three Kings. Freddie is my favorite. I learned how to play guitar by listening to his albums, and I also have a great childhood memory of seeing a poster advertising Freddie's concert at a local university.

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Freddie and Albert King. But Hound Dog Taylor has been a fave for the last few years too.

10. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

Definitely Freddie. BB is great, but -- dare I say it? -- overrated.
    I think he's under appreciated. To most people, he's just the blues guy with the most recognizable name, but what makes him spectacular is subtle and generally glossed over by non-players. It was a toss-up between B.B. and Albert for me. I just love Albert with his monster bends and his cut-through steel tone. I figured B.B. would be getting his fair share of votes anyways, but I guess not.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

Freddie and Albert King. But Hound Dog Taylor has been a fave for the last few years too.

Attachment 28526

12. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Attachment 28526

I read he got very drunk one night and tried to cut off his 6th finger but didn't do it.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

B.B. for me. I think that on recordings, they're all almost exactly equal. But seeing BB live just puts him over the edge for me. That concert was incredible.

14. Smartalox

Smartalox Senior member

I'm really impressed that there are so many Freddie King fans on the forum. I really thought this thread was going to be Albert vs. B.B.

'Big Legged Woman' live is fantastic.

BB is great too; I saw him once in Montreal, and once in Vancouver. What a showman!

Albert is no slouch either, by the way.

15. Caroline999

Caroline999 New Member

I'm really impressed that there are so many Freddie King fans on the forum. I really thought this thread was going to be Albert vs. B.B.

'Big Legged Woman' live is fantastic.

BB is great too; I saw him once in Montreal, and once in Vancouver. What a showman!

Albert is no slouch either, by the way.

Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
    property asset project | document internet management software Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

In recent months I've come to believe that Freddie was the most explosive of all three and channeled that raw emotion of the blues better than BB or Albert, and better than most.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]