1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite fast food restaurant and meal?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mrpologuy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Stax

Stax Senior member

The one near me - and I assume it's not unique in this - serves margaritas (pre-mixed, but not bad considering) and several kinds of beer.

I had no idea.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I had no idea.
    Yeah, and the good news is that by "several kinds of beer" I don't mean Bud and Bud Light. They have Tecate, Pacifica, and Corona.
    The food's decent too, in a cleaned-up not-entirely-authentic but tasty and relatively healthy way.

3. Stax

Stax Senior member

Yeah, and the good news is that by "several kinds of beer" I don't mean Bud and Bud Light. They have Tecate, Pacifica, and Corona.
    The food's decent too, in a cleaned-up not-entirely-authentic but tasty and relatively healthy way.

huh, and here i thought it was just a McDonald's version of mexican.

4. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

LJS hush puppies have to be the most foul concoction in all fastfood-dom!!! it's like a breaded lard sponge that has soaked up a gallon of oil, and then deep fried. but i agree they have the worst fries anywhere
    LOL, they're not the best, but they become a lot better when you put some cocktail or tartar sauce on them (what can I say? I have a gross, fat girl living inside of me, and she's huungrrrry!).

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

LOL, they're not the best, but they become a lot better when you put some cocktail or tartar sauce on them (what can I say? I have a gross, fat girl living inside of me, and she's huungrrrry!).

And they're far better than the disgusting chunks of rock-hard onion served up by Captain D's.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

7. DocHolliday

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Long John's less successful relation:
    http://www.captainds.com/menu/

Weird...the 2 closest ones to LA are air force bases. I'll take my chances elsewhere. I feel sorry for our servicemen/women.

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Those chicken sandwiches at BK are a wonderful mix of chicken, breading, grease, and mayo. I love them. LOVE THEM.

Arby's bacon and cheddar thing ain't too bad either.

Now I'm hungry and it's only 9am.

b

10. Wings_2006

Wings_2006 Senior member

Those chicken sandwiches at BK are a wonderful mix of chicken, breading, grease, and mayo. I love them. LOVE THEM.

I love them too!! After the food police are successful in banning trans fat in NYC, I will no longer be going there.. The bastards!

Claire

11. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

How could I forget Moby Dick? I loved scoring some Moby Dick when I was in DC.

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

Now I'm hungry and it's only 9am.

b

Do you remember when they used to have 2-3 month long specials where each of those sandwiches cost $2? Practically went there everyday.

13. DocHolliday

The French dip + cheddar w/ large curly fries and an ice-cold soft drink is an unholy delight.

14. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

My favorites have been mentioned, In & Out and Chick-Fil-A.

Living in the Northeast though neither one is near me. (The Chick-Fil-A in New Jersey is like an hour and a half from me.) I have to get my fix when I fly through Atlanta or Cincinnati airports (Chick-Fil-A) and everytime I get to the west coast my people know I've got to make at least one trip to In & Out while I am there.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

huh, and here i thought it was just a McDonald's version of mexican.
    Probably closer to a Starbucks or Seattle's Best version - they have the whole faux-hip-with-vaguely-progressive-pretentions-set-to-cool-music thing down pretty well. But I do think the food is pretty good. Caveat: my experience is limited to the Beverly Hills branch and may be influenced by the fact that I've become friendly with the awesome employees there, who are always great to my daughter and remember what we like (they're always happy to make a quesadilla for her, which is not actually on the menu).
    But check it out.

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

Probably closer to a Starbucks or Seattle's Best version - they have the whole faux-hip-with-vaguely-progressive-pretentions-set-to-cool-music thing down pretty well. But I do think the food is pretty good. Caveat: my experience is limited to the Beverly Hills branch and may be influenced by the fact that I've become friendly with the awesome employees there, who are always great to my daughter and remember what we like (they're always happy to make a quesadilla for her, which is not actually on the menu).
    But check it out.

I think Stax was refering to the fact that Chipotle is actually owned by McDonalds which is true.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

I love the Jack's deep fried tacos. it's a disaster but tastes so good. and they have strawberry fanta. but they dont use Heinz ketchup so fries always taste like shit

Mine does. But anyway, before they did, I brought my own in a special sterling silver French basket, because I knew they would just foul it all up.

18. Stax

Stax Senior member

I think Stax was refering to the fact that Chipotle is actually owned by McDonalds which is true.

yeah, that's what I thought. I assumed (wrongly, apparently) that the quality of the food was similar.

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Mine does. But anyway, before they did, I brought my own in a special sterling silver French basket, because I knew they would just foul it all up.

at least the Jack n Box order taker doesnt tell you his name.....all the Carls Jr around me have a chirpy pre-recorded drive thru greeting that says "Hi my name is ______ would you like to try a milkshake with your order" before a real human being comes on, sounded much less enthusiastic.

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Oh shit, topcat reminded me of Skyline Chili (3 or 4 way, ftw!) (does this count as fast food? I think it does.)