• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Your favorite chelsea boot brand?

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
I'm looking to get more chelsea boots. They are my FAVORITE leather shoe style. Look sexy, great all year round, and by far the easiest to get on and off for when I'm in a hurry/tired. I already have a brown suede Charles Tyrwhitt (great beater boot with a rubber sole) and a pebble grain Taft (super comfy but meh leather quality). I have the budget for Carmina (perhaps Zonkey Boot after a beer or two) but I'm happy with affordable beaters if the leather quality ain't that bad (having some wrinkling problems with my Taft). So far, looking at Meermin, Yanko, TLB Mallorca, and Carmina.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelseas are consistent fit problem for me with my high instep, but I have a couple pairs that work okay.

Of the brands you mention I'd go with Carmina for sure, but suggest you add Carlos Santos and Lof & Tung into the mix for consideration.

Zonkey Boot is definitely next level from Carmina, and if you can swing the budget for that, take a good look at Bonafe as well.

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Chelseas are consistent fit problem for me with my high instep, but I have a couple pairs that work okay.

Of the brands you mention I'd go with Carmina for sure, but suggest you add Carlos Santos and Lof & Tung into the mix for consideration.

Zonkey Boot is definitely next level from Carmina, and if you can swing the budget for that, take a good look at Bonafe as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I have checked out CS, L&T, and Bonafe but each has it's drawbacks for me. The L&T too bulbous, CS too point/don't like the side stitching, and Bonafe is awesome, but some hit and miss chelsea styling for me.

Sounds like I can get near Carmina level quality from TLB for 3/5 the price, but a bit risky with it being a relatively untested brand. So I might just spring for Zonkey jodhpur which I haven't seen replicated at any price below it.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Antonio Meccariello and GG are my personal favorites, although I do not own an AM chelsea yet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's