Your favorite catalogs to browse

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Jul 1, 2005.

1. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

victoria's secret

2. thinman

thinman Senior member

LOL. Wish I'd done that, but I played it straight.

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

(Kent Wang @ July 02 2005,12:43) I just requested a Tyrwhitt catalog. The form has a variety of salutations from which to choose, from Admiral to Herr Baron. I selected 'His Excellency.'
    Herr Baron? Shouldn't that be Herr Freiherr?

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I like Harry, the magazine Harry Rosen sends to regular customers on a quarterly basis. It's not really a catalog, but it does showcase the new clothes for the season to get you in to the store. It's also got some good articles in it about different clothing companies and what's going on in the industry, etc.

The other cool thing about it is that the models they use are all clients of the store that get asked to participate in the shoots in exchange for a donation to the charity of their choice.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(thinman @ July 03 2005,12:23)
    I just requested a Tyrwhitt catalog. The form has a variety of salutations from which to choose, from Admiral to Herr Baron. I selected 'His Excellency.'
    Herr Baron? Â Shouldn't that be Herr Freiherr?
    I don't think that Herr Freiherr is a direct correlation with Herr Baron. The Baron as a singular title is of a lower rank than Freiherr, a Germanic derivation.

6. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

7. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

Arena Pour Homme +. Def not a mag given nearly 100% ads. Why would you buy it?

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Most magazines are like that.

Arena Homme + is better than most other magazines, however.

9. TCN

TCN Senior member

Although I refuse to patronize the store, Ben Silver has nice catalogues, as does Paul Stuart and even Brooks Brothers. The frequency of the Sierra Trading Post catalogues makes me feel loved [​IMG] , and I can't help but wonder why J.Press has sent me the same catalogue every year. [​IMG]

10. Horace

Horace Senior member

Ok, what gives on Silver. As to Press, that's what's great about it.

11. TCN

TCN Senior member

(TCN @ July 05 2005,06:39) Although I refuse to patronize the store, Ben Silver has nice catalogues, as does Paul Stuart and even Brooks Brothers. The frequency of the Sierra Trading Post catalogues makes me feel loved  [​IMG]  , and I can't help but wonder why J.Press has sent me the same catalogue every year.  [​IMG]
    No bigee, just horrendous customer service the last two times I have called to order something, so I've decided to avoid them. I'm not advocating that anybody else avoid them if they haven't experienced the same. Now Turnbull and Asser on the other hand . . . [​IMG] (I better quit before I sound like a difficult customer) I agree as to J.Press's historical continuity. My wife always complains that I make her eat at the Cape Cod Room when in Chicago, or Locke-Ober's when in Boston, and that we bring down the average age in those places by 50 years . . . she is not a Press fan . . . women. [​IMG]

12. Horace

Horace Senior member

(Horace @ July 06 2005,01:30)
    Although I refuse to patronize the store, Ben Silver has nice catalogues, as does Paul Stuart and even Brooks Brothers. The frequency of the Sierra Trading Post catalogues makes me feel loved  [​IMG]  , and I can't help but wonder why J.Press has sent me the same catalogue every year.  [​IMG]
    No bigee, just horrendous customer service the last two times I have called to order something, so I've decided to avoid them. Â I'm not advocating that anybody else avoid them if they haven't experienced the same. Â Now Turnbull and Asser on the other hand . . . Â [​IMG] Â (I better quit before I sound like a difficult customer) I agree as to J.Press's historical continuity. Â My wife always complains that I make her eat at the Cape Cod Room when in Chicago, or Locke-Ober's when in Boston, and that we bring down the average age in those places by 50 years . . . she is not a Press fan . . . women. Â [​IMG]
    Very remarkable. Most wouldn't complain about eating at Lock-Ober.

13. Jim

Jim Senior member

The Davide Cenci catalog is spare and well composed and offers enough of a sample of the merchandise to make you visit the store. Â The online pics are the same as the hard copy catalog so see http://davidecenci.com/

14. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Thank you CountDemoney (dee moe nay, dee moe nay.)
    ...I'm not the only lowlife.

15. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

EG, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman and all of things J Crew.