• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite car brand

16520Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Nice Rides. Can you give a critique of the Lotus, from a 'livability' standpoint?

~ Huntsman

Yes. I ordered the BMW only after I took delivery of the Elise. Specifically, the next day. The Lotus is great at what it does. There is nothing that comes close as far as pure flickability, not even at $100K more. However, it is noisy, harsh, hot, and devoid of any luxury. And, of course, it leaks in the rain. I generally check the weather forecast for a given week before I decide whether to take the cover off.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16520Man

330i%2005.JPG

Do you have Comfort Access? If so has it broken yet? I've been hearing and reading all kinds of problems with the system.

Jon.

16520Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Do you have Comfort Access? If so has it broken yet? I've been hearing and reading all kinds of problems with the system.

Jon.

No, mine is a July 2005 production; they weren't shipping CA then. I did see on e90post that several owners have problems.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With all these electronic systems, I wouldn't be surprised something as Comfort Access would prove problematic. As for the Lotus, most sportscars tend to be rather uncomfortable, and it seems especially British roadsters. A vintage Austin Healey can get very hot. And Americans don't seem to like the Italian driving style of long legs, and short arms. Indeed, vintage sportscars are quite small. One of my favorites is the Lancia Fulvia with its narrow angle V4 engine. It was a famous rally car.
lancia_fulvia_1300.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads