• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite Burberry cologne?

agp

Reaction score
What's your favorite type of Burberry Cologne? Please feel free to share your experiences.

sweisman

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Burberry's frags, although I would have been nicer than appolyon about it. The one I did enjoy, was their Burberry for men version#2. It has been discontinued, so it apparently didn't sell well.

agp

Reaction score
Haha, ok I see...

Can you guys recommend me a new cologne? Here's what I have used or currently used.

Addidas Moves - mainly used for sports, it's got that soap water sport smell with a sweet scent.

Versace The Dreamer - my favorite cologne out of all, still using it. I love the sweet scent, but I think it's too formal and seductive. Looking for something on the same page but milder.

Versace L'Homme - don't really like this, smells somewhat bitter...

Aqua Di Gio - used to have this, it was good, but everyone wears it, and it smells somewhat plain/generic.

Cool Water - hated it. Just hated it.

Pi - didn't like it. It smelled like old French men.

Bvlgari - forgot which one it was, didn't really like it, it was too strong and smelled like bleach.

I'm looking for something that I can wear everyday in the spring/summer, not too sporty, but not too formal. Not too spicy because I'm still young.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sweisman
I'm not a huge fan of Burberry's frags, although I would have been nicer than appolyon about it. The one I did enjoy, was their Burberry for men version#2. It has been discontinued, so it apparently didn't sell well.

oh come on ... I wasn't being mean. That is the conclusion we were all going to come to in this thread so I just saved us the time.

Having said that here are some good threads to see what other members are wearing and liking. If you see rach2jlc posting in any of these threads pose your question there and hopefully he'll answer it. He is one of the resident scent gurus here.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=42777

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=48647

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65017

Also if you do a search with fragrance in the title you should come up with many more pieces or reading.

sweisman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
oh come on ... I wasn't being mean. That is the conclusion we were all going to come to in this thread so I just saved us the time.

Having said that here are some good threads to see what other members are wearing and liking. If you see rach2jlc posting in any of these threads pose your question there and hopefully he'll answer it. He is one of the resident scent gurus here.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=42777

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=48647

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65017

Also if you do a search with fragrance in the title you should come up with many more pieces or reading.

Fair enough Appolyon, I see your point. You did cut right to the chase! APG, he did load you up on some good advice above. Good luck finding something new. For Spring/Summer, I wear Acqua di Parma, Faconnable and Prada Amber pour Homme among others.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll join the chorus in not seeing the appeal of Burberry fragrances. I've got nothing against the brand, per se, it's just that all the fragrances from them I've tried lackluster and dull. From a design house at the "prime" level, you expect something with a little distinction, whereas the Burberry stuff is just the typical sweet/woody/citrusy variety that is "nice" but unmemorable.

This is probably one reason you see it at discounters for $19-25 all the time. Same with Dunhill.

Gucci (especially under Tom Ford) and YSL are both design houses that put out interesting "mainstream" scents. Prada is another, as is Dior (for the most part). A few Givenchy offerings are top notch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads