1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Allen Edmonds?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by free man, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Digby

Digby Well-Known Member

KObalto: thanks. unfortunately, they're only available in E width. i made the mistake of ordering them in E and it was a disaster. way too wide. definitely need D, and they are not to be found. tragedy.

2. boston009

boston009 Active Member

3. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

+1

Damn thats a nice shoe.

That's an AE? Damn!

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Lexington. I would never wear most AE because of their clunkly gunboatishness. Even some of the loafers look like they were designed for the stylish ploughman.

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Lexington. I would never wear most AE because of their clunkly gunboatishness. Even some of the loafers look like they were designed for the stylish ploughman.
    +1 I'm so sick of the stylish ploughmen I see every fucking day. It's bad enough that Broadway is choked with stylish ploughmen. When I stick my nose in the air to better display my posture for the ladies, they are always throwing me an elbow. But no, that's not enough. The ploughmen must insult to injury by wearing those AE loafers. When will it stop?

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

I just bought a lexington in burgandy. Gorgeous shoe. Allen Edmonds loafers are pretty nasty. Even the ones from the Allen Edmonds 7 arnt perticulerly nice. The only Allen edmonds shoe that isnt a lace, that i would wear is the concord in black.

7. plhoang

plhoang Well-Known Member

8. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

These are my favorite AEs: Seven Tresana.

[​IMG]

I just came home with a pair of these in black. They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I like them so much I am considering saving up for another pair in dark brown.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Are they better made then the normal line of allen edmonds? Does anyone else find it weird that there are now 8 shoes in the allen edmonds 7 collection?

10. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

I like the Clifton:

[​IMG]

11. andyw

andyw Senior member

Commented already but thought to add this as an example of AE's cherished older styling.......the Brantley.

12. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Are they better made then the normal line of allen edmonds? Does anyone else find it weird that there are now 8 shoes in the allen edmonds 7 collection?

According to AE they are. They are made in Italy and the store told me they take longer to make and therefore they do not get as many in as the other styles. Take that for what it is worth. I bought them for the styling (the large broguing and shape) as well as the comfort. They have extra arch support, which is very important for me.

13. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

Mora in Burgundy shell!

14. R-H

R-H Senior member

The Allen Edmonds Revere in rust of course![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

These are my favorite AEs: Seven Tresana.

[​IMG]

These could very well break me of my AE aversion. Very nice.

16. smoothie

smoothie Senior member

The Allen Edmonds Revere in rust of course![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are you serious? I like the ones in brown, but haven't bought them. Are they comfy?

17. R-H

R-H Senior member

Are you serious? I like the ones in brown, but haven't bought them. Are they comfy?

No, I just thought they were so out there that I had to post them.

18. R-H

R-H Senior member

My favourite AE pair that I own. Although, I think the Westgate in black looks better.

AE Manhattan:
    [​IMG]

19. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Yhe Mora is currently available in brown and black leatehr as an "allenedmonds.com exclusive". Any opinions on the fit of the Byron vis a vis the PA, say? Anyone know which last they were made on? Depending on the last, I'm a 9.5 or a 10D. And where can you get these on closeout? TIA.
    Also, AE's Ebay store has 10D Moras in brown suede for $129.

The Byron was made on the #4 last, which, alas, is now discontinued. Many A-E fans mourn its passing. (I would mourn it more, but I am pretty well equipped with A-Es for rest of my life.) It was my favorite A-E last. The Park Avenue is on A-E's longest and narrowest last, the #5. Many men find they have to go to a shorter and wide size than normal to get a good fit with the #5. However, I find both the #4 and the #5 to be a good fit on my feet in my normal size.

The Byron bit the dust some time ago. I inquired about getting a pair for my boy a year or so after it was discontinued, but the folks at Cabazon informed me that they had nothing in his size (10D) in the system. If you have a more offbeat size, the chances may be better that there are still some Byrons floating around. I've got 'em in black, dark brown and chili and still rather rue not getting them in brown suede when they were $129 on closeout back in late '03-early '04.

20. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Funny you should say that. I have always thought the Lexington was one of the most "gunboatish" shoes A-E made in recent years--much more so than anything on the #4, #5 or any of the later lasts.

I have a pair in black, like 'em, but consider them about the most "gunboatish" of all my A-Es!