1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Your favorite $300 to $400 Longwing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unrooted, Oct 14, 2012.

1. unrooted

unrooted Senior Member

I need another pair of shoes, and I like the bulky longwing style to match my highly textured flannel and tweed suits and grenadine ties.

AE has 4 styles of the longwing;

The True Gunboat: Macneil

The Fancy-footed: Larchmont

And in between the Regent Street and the Williams

I want them in Brown, but I can't decide if I like the Grained Calf or the Smooth. I'm thinking the smooth will provide a better patina, but the grain gives a bit of texture to match my suits. i like how the Regent street has both types of leather and I like the medium brown color it comes in. I really like the shape of the Williams and the better looking sole though. Anyone want to suggest a similar longwing from an equally priced competitor? Maybe I should order all 4 and send back the three I like the least???

2. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Although I have none of these, I would say the Macneil looks best to me.