• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Diet During the Work Day?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your diet like when you are at the workplace or commuting to/from it? For example, do you bring healthy food to the workplace or keep healthy snacks for eating on the trip home? If you eat healthy at work or when eating out with co-workers, do others notice?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I eat much less during the workday. I start in the AM at home with a bowl of total with some cut up strawberries. When I get to work, I'll have a grapefruit, the a bag of Low Fat Soy Crisps. At lunch I eat Turkey chili from Fresh direct with a serving of pumpernicle pretzles with an 11oz zico. In the afternoon I'll have a lf yogurt and then dinner when I get home. The key to keep me full is the amount of water I drink...at least 150 fl oz. I down 3 24oz bottles before I eat anything, then 34oz each time I eat something at wirk (aside from my lunch). I also have a few cups of coffee with fat free creamer. And everything I eat and drink gets written down in a journal.

waxy

Reaction score
I don't eat much during workday as well. It's more of like a low carbo diet and I eat more proteins.

waxy

Reaction score
I don't eat much during workday as well. It's more of like a low carbo diet and I eat more proteins.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't eat much during the day. I have breakfast in the morning and lunch, if time permits.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's very difficult to maintain a strict diet at work. If you eat a breakfast rich in protein it will help keep you satisfied for longer. When I used to do crazy dieting I would bring a cooler full of food that I had cooked at home prior. That is also when I had my best gains ever.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
It's very difficult to maintain a strict diet at work. If you eat a breakfast rich in protein it will help keep you satisfied for longer. When I used to do crazy dieting I would bring a cooler full of food that I had cooked at home prior. That is also when I had my best gains ever.
My breakfast is usually oatmeal, and I always eat breakfast. I make a point of having protein at lunch, but lunch is not always possible.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I know. Oats are so easy to make. Protein can be a cumbersome choice when you are on a tight schedule.

Beta

Reaction score
I almost always bring lunch, and its usually what i had the night before for dinner. (i make a double portion)

I hit breakfast as hard as i can stand to, lunch and a snack while at work, early dinner, workout, eat again one or two times.

no biggie, but keep a stash of food on the side. Its not that people will notice or care unless you speak about it constantly, im less anal about my diet these days anyway, but I certainly dont discuss my diet with the people who work for me.

Pylon

Reaction score
I find it difficult to eat properly at work. When I have time, I'm usually eating something of marginal health value (though I never touch fast food). When I don't have time, I'm skipping a meal which I'm sure can't be very good. Or there's the middle ground: I find myself eating at a lunch meeting which, of course, means I am stuck with whatever the meeting organizer picked for lunch. I suppose fore planning and buying foods in advance specifically for work lunch would make the best sense. But I suppose one's own behavior doesn't always make sense.
smile.gif

The Transporter

Reaction score
I just bring enough for a few days and leave it in the refrigerator on my floor. I just started the Zone Diet last week (25 blocks and awesome results so far) and brought a bunch of deli turkey and deli roast beef along with some steamfresh broccoli and green beans. Also a few apples and oranges and grabbed a container of milk from Walgreens down the street. I have some combination of all of those with olive oil or almonds at 10:30, 1:30, and 4:30 and am good to go. I don't really take a lunch break since I have my food here and just heat it up in the microwave in the kitchen and catch up on the news on the TV. I have a good breakfast at home and then dinner after a CrossFit session after work and it works great.

We have a vending machine where everything is $.25 and it was really easy to grab some Peanut M&Ms from there before. I'd rather bring my own food than go to Subway or Chipotle or Potbelly.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zone diet? Never heard of it. Sounds like you are on the right track though.

I hate subway it is sooo gross I dont care if they have 5$ footlongs. I love chipotle but insane calories. Never heard of potbelly though.

The Transporter

Reaction score
Potbelly is a local Chicago sub shop with locations seemingly every few blocks
smile.gif
Pretty good stuff but you get burned out on them quickly. 1000 times better than Subway, though.

And if you really want to know how scary Chipotle is as far as calories, check out this site that lets you build a burrito and analyze the P/F/C content - Chipotle Lovers

And the Zone Diet is basically a 40/30/30 diet plan where you eat a predetermined number of blocks of P/F/C at each meal and works great if you are trying to lean out. I use it in conjunction with CrossFit and am really seeing results. It's great because you don't have to worry about counting calories. Yeah, you have to weigh things out a bit at first but it gets easy to eyeball things pretty quickly.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Potbelly is good, inexpensive food. They litter the streets of DC too.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Transporter. I am well aware of what chipotles caloric contents are so by hearing from another person it just makes my life that much worse because I love that fuckin place. At my last school I used to down quiznos everyday.

I am looking to lean out before I bulk again so I am going to check out the zone diet and crossfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads