Your Best & Worst Purchases of 2008

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PinkPantser, Jan 19, 2009.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

My favorite purchase are the Aldens I wear pretty much every other day now [​IMG] Worst purchase was this jcrew jacket. Item isn't bad, but doesn't fit me at all but I bought it anyways because it was cheap - on occasion the 'its way marked down, must be a good deal' way of thinking still sucks me in. [​IMG] Oh, and I also bought this shitty urban outfitters canvas duffle bag. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't just buy something similar from ebay for less money and better quality. [​IMG]

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

best- Kmw rockers or fishtail parka... its tough because both were amazing deals.

worst- 15.5 x 34 cotton/poly wrangler chambray, 35 bucks and even after having it tailored it looks godawful

3. free man

free man Senior member

PC New Standards, best and worst purchase. I got a 29, but I should have got a 28. They have sort of stretched a bit, fortunately only in the waist and not where I really care.

4. rapdancin

rapdancin Senior member

best - crate route, unlucky wallet + belt
    worst - 2 american apparel v-necks...the v is stupidly low on those things, i need to find a replacement for spring

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Best

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

i love both equally

Worst
    Probably 2 EG 19th Century BDs. I couldn't pull off the look.

6. erbs

erbs Senior member

Best- Barbour Bedale or Red Wing GTs. The J Crew Spencer Jersey shawl-collar cardigan is pretty good too.

Worst- All the jeans that didn't fit after I lost 40 pounds (Samurai, SDA, Sugarcane, Eternal).

7. struckbyaparkedcar

struckbyaparkedcar Member

I think I got a lot of good use out of every clothing product I picked up this year. I'm not particularly into the green Docker's Urban Chinos I got for Christmas, but I can still get some use out of them.

My personal favorite item has to be the Henry Pollak Tally-Ho sweater I commandeered from my dad.

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

You tell me.

9. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Best - Sugar Cane Okis (from someone who bought them from that one place that liquidated them) & Barbour Coat. I pretty much wear both of them everyday. Also a wallet and chain from unlucky.

Worst - This pair of driving sunglasses from STP. They are very functional, but pretty ugly. They were only like $40 though.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Best & Worst: KMW 1980's... in hindsight I should have gone 1 maybe 2 sizes down (and/or have gone with Rockers) and gotten it in a 34in inseam also should have waited for sales, either way I love em

11. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

APC New Standards, best and worst purchase. I got a 29, but I should have got a 28. They have sort of stretched a bit, fortunately only in the waist and not where I really care.
    +1. My New Cures are great, but they'd be better a size smaller.
    You tell me.
    Your best was probably those $900 Rick sneakers that Kodiak was giving you shit about.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

No bad purchases here since each one is planned out for awhile to ensure this.

Best hmm I can't really decide but jil cashmere, junya blazer, prorsum blazer, red pierre hardys and others.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Hmmm.

Best - Wings + Horns shawl blazer, maybe, or a late entry for my Apolis Vandeberg jacket which I'm wearing pretty much every day now.
    Honourable mention to my Helmut Lang suit. Really any vintage Helmut Lang purchase, actually, I snagged a shirt and jacket I wear frequently as well.

Worst - Probably a khaki coated wool burberry prorsum blazer which I paid a fairly hefty sum for (in an attempt to abruptly end the search for a really good summer jacket), and haven't found a way to wear usefully since. Might have worn it twice.
    Honourable mention to kmw 2010s only because they have not seen the use they really deserve, they're great jeans.

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

Worst? Who cares. I just got into clothes this summer. Absolutely everything before that time.

Best: Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japans, easily. They brought me into the world of dry denims.

15. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

Worst? Who cares. I just got into clothes this summer. Absolutely everything before that time.

Best: Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japans, easily. They brought me into the world of dry denims.

awww mah furst pairz 2