your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tangerine, Aug 9, 2006.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior member

Evisu selvedge, straight leg. My favourite becuase I wore them all the time when I was studying at uni.

2. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

Gucci indigo washed jeans, size 48(30). On the back pocket there is the red/green "tag" that is like two centimeters. I just love the red/green detail!

3. chipopo

chipopo Member

Best pair ever: A 60's 505 (Not sure about the model) Levi's I've got from my dad many years ago.
    Favorite pair now: 1st: RRDS 2nd: SC1947.

4. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

cheap monday latjo lajban
    levi's 511 and 514 dry
    sugarcane 1947
    julian red calis

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

5EP Low Down Bootcut

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

5EP Low Down Bootcut

I really like my pair (raw denim, rinsed once before wear). The cut is flattering (though it would have been nice if they were just a little lower rise) and the colour and texture of the denim is a very deep indigo and variegated but comfortable, respectively. And of course the construction and hardware are both top notch. However, whenever I see jeans start at the $250 mark, I see stupid expensive signs pop up all over the place. That's one reason I put the APC New Standards at my favorite...

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I really like my pair (raw denim, rinsed once before wear). The cut is flattering (though it would have been nice if they were just a little lower rise) and the colour and texture of the denim is a very deep indigo and variegated but comfortable, respectively. And of course the construction and hardware are both top notch. However, whenever I see jeans start at the $250 mark, I see stupid expensive signs pop up all over the place. That's one reason I put the APC New Standards at my favorite...

I know. It makes me feel kind of ridiculous that my favorite pair is also my most expensive pair.

I too wish the rise were a little lower, but all things considered, I consider them best.

8. high_contrast

high_contrast Active Member

9. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I'd have to say my ssds (non-flamey) are my favorite jeans. I've been drawn to the japanese repro makers lately (like Warehouse and Oni), but the ssds have the best cut.

I also have been wearing my 5ep's a lot lately, but I have the straight downs. Man, they are gorgeous, the depth of color is something else and I like the (anti)fit on them but still, SSDS right now are my all time favorite. As my jeans get more and more worn in my opinion may change.

10. Cake

Cake Well-Known Member

I survived undergraduate and graduate school wearing two pairs of Levis's 501s.

Nowadays Nudie RRDS.

11. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Currently, my not-even-a-month-old RRDS, my first pair of jeans that cost more than $50.

"Of all time," the baggy black Dickies that I had through high school, part of college, and part of my first dropout/meltdown. I'm not sure what happened to them. Skated in them, went to shows and fell on the floor in them, got blood, puke, and "other" on them, sat around diesel fires at parties on the Kissimmee River in them, got the shit kicked out of me by rednecks in them, kicked the shit out of rednecks in them ... probably only washed them once a month, but that was out of me being a filthy, crusty fuck rather than any denim pretensions.

I'd seriously give a lot to have those jeans back, or a pair like them. I have no idea what "model" they were, they were just big black Dickies that were altogether too heavy and hot for Okeechobee, Florida. I'm looking at the Dickies page now. [​IMG]

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

Favorites of all time: Diesel Kratt 737, just a great all-round pair of jeans. Back when Diesel was as cool as you can get these were just understated enough to rock all the time but just distinctive enough you knew exactly what they were.

Favorites now: Toss up between my Acne Mic Ridged (dress) and my Earnest Sewn Fulton Maz Dark (casual). Probably have to give the nod to the ES because they are more comfortable and somehow get worn more often (seeing as I'm in a suit from 8-7 every day and don't want to swap that for raw denim when I get home unless I'm going out).

13. EdMan

EdMan Well-Known Member

Anytime I get a new pair[​IMG]

Of all the jeans I've owned, I think the ones that made the biggest impact in terms of fit and coolness, have to be my Sugar Cane Oki's. Just a great pair of jeans. My IH 634's run a close second. Followed closely by 5EP LDB raw.

14. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Its a tie between two pairs of Levis for my alltime favorites. In high school i had a pair of 505's. I wore them almost everyday for 3 years until the ass ripped out of them when i was sliding down a handrail.
    And my other all time favorites, are also my favorite of my current rotation. I picked up a pair of orange tab 517's and they are just perfect.

15. joshua_robert

joshua_robert Well-Known Member

I had a pair of Levi's Silver Tabs that I beat the shit out of all throughout college. They weren't necessarily that great, as they eventually fell apart, but I was one with the jeans for awhile there.