1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Your 2012 fitness goals

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Lagrangian, Jan 3, 2012.

1. razl

razl Senior member

With a medium to flirting-with-serious 5x5 for 10 months out of last year, I went from never having squatted before to topping out at 175 while still maintaining enough of a running regimen that I can do 2mi twice and a 5mi+ once a week (I know, I know - fuck the cardio - but it's in my blood).

I'm gonna squat 250 by end of next year with the same cardio level, and keep my 33" waist. I'm 6'3" @ 180, wanna stay about there - maybe a bit more mass.

Along the way I learned to love the military press, but I flat out suck at pull ups. Still topping out at a wimpy ass 4 - yeah, four. Gotta get to 10 or, fuckin-a, 15 by end of next year.

2. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I plan on running a half marathon late this year. I am also looking into trying a sprint triathlon before the year is out. My ultimate goal is to shake this nagging injury I have and get back into "game" shape. I started playing soccer in a seniors league (the first time I have played soccer in my life) and I am trying to put together a basketball team. I can put in lots of miles but it still will not get me in the kind of shape I need to be in to play in either league the way I expect from myself.

3. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

didn't do so well in 2011 with my goals because of a nagging neck/shoulder injury but looking to get back into it for 2012.

Surf City Full in early Feb. would really like to break 4:00

Breath of Life Olympic distance tri in June

Naples Island 3 mile swim in August/Sept - this will be the most difficult by far for me

Endure the Bear 30K in Sept

and i'll probably get in a few halfs here and there.

someone should resurrect this thread in December 2012.

-Jeff

4. TylerDurden83

TylerDurden83 Member

6'1 190lbs at 10% body fat. I am at 192.5lbs right now on my bulk and plan to keep bulking till March. My body fat level is starting to get very uncomfortable for me though. I will stick with it and start cutting slowly in March. I lift for aesthetics strength is a good side effect for me.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

some of you guys have some pretty serious goals.

right now I have a couple for the year -

1. finally get up to 220 on my routine bench
    2. 100 rep (with rests in the middle) overheard squat with 2 X 24 kilo kettlebells
    3. 10 mile race in may
    4. possibly chicago marathon

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yup, was just curious how lofty the goals are. 585 is a lot man, not to get you down, but just program well and don't get discouraged. Better to start out conservative and work your way up. I remember that going from 405>500 was quite hard for me, 5lb increases after that are..a big big jump.

7. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

sub 2:40 for the marathon!
    (also sub 16 for 5k and sub 1:16 for half marathon)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

-400/300/500. The bench should def be doable, still ways to go on the other two
    -Do more climbing, don't be as awful at it as last year
    -Run 3 half marathons
    -One-arm pullup