• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

-You'll always find me in Athleisure-

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always laugh when I hear about people feeling lazy or not having time. I'm a corporate executive with 3 kids one of whom plays college basketball and the other of whom is on the nike junior national team and travels constantly. I'm in my 40s, 216lbs at 5% bf. I train 12 times a week. There is always time. If I had to squeeze in some half assed on the run workout I would just quit and resign myself to obesity.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't, he was the same way with everyone on the team none of whom worked out. The company provided lunch for us and everyone ate at their desk while working after he became manager. People would take lunch outside or in the break/lunch room once or maybe twice a week for 30 minutes at most.

@MaiLam try eating some fruit 30 min to an hour before workout. The fructose should help. I like to eat a cup of berries or an apple.
fructose is ok. glucose is better

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the biggest barriers for working out for me is having to change a third time after work. If I could just hit the gym and head home after and still look cool after, I’d prolly hit the gym more often.

Who are some good i n f l u e n c e r s so I can steal their steez?
saddest post in a long time

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fructose is ok. glucose is better

I don't disagree but what can you eat that's glucose that's fast absorbing (converts to energy quickly) and is light on your stomach? I can't workout on a full stomach.

Props on getting that many workouts in, that's why Rick looks good on you. Curious, how many hours of sleep do you get a night? I'm still adjusting to having a baby and getting workouts in. I found I have to take ZMA to have good energy on 5 hours sleep.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't disagree but what can you eat that's glucose that's fast absorbing (converts to energy quickly) and is light on your stomach? I can't workout on a full stomach.

Props on getting that many workouts in, that's why Rick looks good on you. Curious, how many hours of sleep do you get a night? I'm still adjusting to having a baby and getting workouts in. I found I have to take ZMA to have good energy on 5 hours sleep.
new baby is a game changer for sure. I aim for 8 hours sleep but I am a very light sleeper. I generally get 7 and get two 20 minute naps during the am and pm commute. BTW for glucose I go for powdered glucose or gummy bears

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
new baby is a game changer for sure. I aim for 8 hours sleep but I am a very light sleeper. I generally get 7 and get two 20 minute naps during the am and pm commute. BTW for glucose I go for powdered glucose or gummy bears
yeah and zma or melatonin help, like I said I am a really light sleeper so if I get up to piss at night I am cooked for getting back to sleep

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s exactly it for me. 530 am wake up. Coffee and workout all weekdays. Started with 2 days, then 3, then daily became a routine. I like that I don’t have to think about it.

Working out after work is more stressful for me and something always “crops up”.

+1. That's my routine too. When you do it every day the decision is already taken. Don't find I need coffee/snack before.

Putting out the gym clothes the night before makes it a lot easier too.

papillo

Reaction score

7 hours of sleep with a new baby? What kind of wizardry is this?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
you F***ers this is the ath-LEISURE thread

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when I hear about people feeling lazy or not having time. I'm a corporate executive with 3 kids one of whom plays college basketball and the other of whom is on the nike junior national team and travels constantly. I'm in my 40s, 216lbs at 5% bf. I train 12 times a week. There is always time. If I had to squeeze in some half assed on the run workout I would just quit and resign myself to obesity.

Cool.

But yeah athleisure wear seems like a great idea, stoked on the idea of clothes that make an active life easier.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kunk i'd say your extra energy on cycling test or tren or whatever for two decades. but even what you seem to accomplish and get 7-8 hours of sleep on is still impressive. i hope im still going that hard when i'm your age.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
7 hours of sleep with a new baby? What kind of wizardry is this?
I meant him I have no new babies I was vasectomized ages ago.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you F***ers this is the ath-LEISURE thread
rick always been my athleisure, some mmm stuff too. rick can go from work to gym to drinks sweaty balls and all

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kunk i'd say your extra energy on cycling test or tren or whatever for two decades. but even what you seem to accomplish and get 7-8 hours of sleep on is still impressive. i hope im still going that hard when i'm your age.
are you suggesting I am not an all natural strength athlete? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads