• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You think there are any frauds on this site?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm involved in other forums, particularly automotive ones, and have to deal with people all the time who come in and claim to own things they don't. I frankly do not understand the motivation behind this. But I was just wondering if you thought anyone here claimed to be buying things or owning clothes etc. that they don't actually have. It would be a real shame if we based a bespoke purchase, for example, on a testimonial that was fictitious.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, I don't see to many people around here actually making bespoke purchases. Most discussions here seem to revolve around bargain hunting and NOT paying full retail.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Â I'm involved in other forums, particularly automotive ones, and have to deal with people all the time who come in and claim to own things they don't. Â I frankly do not understand the motivation behind this. Â But I was just wondering if you thought anyone here claimed to be buying things or owning clothes etc. that they don't actually have. Â It would be a real shame if we based a bespoke purchase, for example, on a testimonial that was fictitious.
I'm sure there's a bit of fudging here and there, as can be expected on the internet, but the regulars can be trusted for the most part, I would guess. I don't like lying. It would be too complicated to keep it all straight in the long run.
tounge.gif
Would you recommend an automotive forum? I'd be more interested in one that tends to dwell more on repairs and tips than on the latest model of this or that. Thank you.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me. I don't think anyone would talk about his bespoke Flusser experience if it didn't happen (sort of the equivalent of someone talking about the rare car in their garage that it turns out is actually owned by somebody else - I've seen it happen many a time.)

Fabienne, my forums are only model specific, but they do have technical sections. Of course, these technical sections only pertain to the particular marque. I'm not familiar with a purely technical automotive forum.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure, IF I can ever afford anything bespoke, you can be damn sure whatever it is, even if it is a bespoke pair of socks, you will see a pic of my damn feet in it...as to it being a bragging thing, well if it is goooody gooody for me...I would be the proudest man alive if I could ever have something like that, which, with my meager income I will doubt.

Kaga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211,Feb. 06 2005,17:36
In the past, there has been at least one poster claiming to someone he was not, but I don't recall if he claimed ownership or knowledge of any specific article of clothing.
?????
I believe the mountebank in question was obnoxious spoilt teen Kalra, pretending to be steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal. Oh wait, Styleman, aren't you Kalra too?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211,Feb. 06 2005,17:36
In the past, there has been at least one poster claiming to someone he was not, but I don't recall if he claimed ownership or knowledge of any specific article of clothing.
?????
Edit: I changed my mind, not going to start yet another flame war. Post deleted for the sake of civility. Jon.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can think of at least one person who is masquerading as a weirdo, gourmet from the far-east. This person also claims to own such items as a gold embroidered cape.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can think of at least one person who is masquerading as a weirdo, gourmet from the far-east. This person also claims to own such items as a gold embroidered cape.
is it batman's prodigy

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. Chairman Kaga. I think this forum is generally free from the idiot boasting you see elsewhere, which is a fantastic thing. The subject matter doesn't hurt. How many obnoxious teenagers are into bespoke clothing? Errrr none?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure, IF I can ever afford anything bespoke, you can be damn sure whatever it is, even if it is a bespoke pair of socks, you will see a pic of my damn feet in it...as to it being a bragging thing, well if it is goooody gooody for me...I would be the proudest man alive if I could ever have something like that, which, with my meager income I will doubt.
I guess you can buy bespoke socks.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious.  I'm involved in other forums, particularly automotive ones, and have to deal with people all the time who come in and claim to own things they don't.  I frankly do not understand the motivation behind this.  But I was just wondering if you thought anyone here claimed to be buying things or owning clothes etc. that they don't actually have.  It would be a real shame if we based a bespoke purchase, for example, on a testimonial that was fictitious.
I think that some may exagerate what they own...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads