• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You should lose 11 pounds - I did, and I feel great!

bob99

Reaction score
At the start of February I was 204 lbs. I've been eating clean, lifting weights 4x per week, and doing cardio 7 days a week, and I've lost 11 lbs so far.

I was kind of fat before, not outrageous but I had a gut that was getting bigger. I still haven't hit my goal yet, which is around 170, but I already feel GREAT!

If you're thinking of losing weight, just give it a solid month of effort, and I guarantee you'll be happy with the results. I feel lighter, and when I'm doing anything, from running up some stairs to bending over to tie my shoes, I can feel the difference.

Best of all, I'm already thinking of the new clothes I'm going to buy when my body is fit.

Make the commitment! Do it for yourself! It's lots of fun.

Bob

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I'm working on a similar goal right now. What does your diet and cardio look like?

Illuminate07

Reaction score
I feel like there should be some sort of product advertisement somewhere but I'm missing it...

bob99

Reaction score
Illuminate07
smile.gif
No product advertisement, just a happy guy who should have done this a year or two ago!

I'm eating all clean food when possible. If I have to go out to eat, I'm ordering something healthy, not getting fries, etc.

Here's a typical day of eating:

Breakfast (9:00 a.m.) - Omlette: 2 eggs, 50ml egg whites, red peppers, green peppers, 2 pieces of whole-grain toast, 250ml Orange Juice

Lunch 1 (12:00 p.m.) - 180g chicken breast, 100ml tomato / pasta sauce / 150g carrots / Apple

Lunch 2 (5:00 p.m.) - 180g chicken breast, 100ml tomato / pasta sauce / 200g peas & corn / Apple

Dinner (8:30 p.m.) - 180g extra lean ground beef / 2 pieces of whole grain bread

Cardio is 30-40 minutes a night on a stationary bike, and I'll usually run 10 minutes on a treadmill to warm up before I do weights.

I'm going to keep this up as I lose weight, but in about 2 months I'll increase calories and try to gain some additional muscle.

Another non-advertisement: You should do this too! It really doesn't take that long, and it's already become a habit. I just exercise every day now (I even watch a movie on my laptop while riding the exercise bike, so it's ridiculously easy.)

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to lose 12 pounds.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
you can do it. i know you can. it aint too hard.
I only want to do it so I can be better than bob.

I shall stick a copy of his post to my bathroom mirror to remind me of this goal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads