1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

You receive $500, what do you buy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by worldrunner, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Von Franz

Von Franz Senior member

A pair of good, well-made chinos, some raw Levi's 501 jeans,and some camp or blucher moccasins.

It's either that, or a Barbour Bedale jacket and a sweater.

-VF

2. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I did just receive an unexpected $500. I'm tempted by Carmina double-monks @ Epaulet, but I think I'll add a little more money & order custom shell cordovan saddle shoes from Alfred Sargent.

3. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Practical answers to questions like these are no fun - saving it for later? come on. Maybe the question should be rephrased:

Every retailer in the world gives you 24 hours to spend up to $500 (in total) on clothes/shoes/accessories. Use it or lose it. Now what are you buying?

4. Ivon

Ivon Senior member

Pull a Charlie Sheen and hire a call girl?

$500 is either a fortune or a pittance, depending on taste and needs. YMMV, but most here aren't going to get a dream suit/ shoes for that. For younger guys, it might get you that first decent suit/shoes. For me, I'd proably fill a gap in the wadrone I've been putting off, brogues or vacation wear.

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I would get fifty thousand pennies and give them all to Carl at CEGO!

6. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Is this assuming we don't have any money? Is this assuming we spend any money we have? This question doesn't make sense. I'd hope most people wouldn't immediately just think they should spend any money they get.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Buy a bottle of Stoli and Brandy and then hit a girlie club with da rest.....
    Oh....you said clothes!

8. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

Man of Lint is truly a classy gentleman. Hurrah for this!

9. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Now who will give me that $500 again ?